Windows 10: Interesting Items in Autoruns

Discus and support Interesting Items in Autoruns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hide the Microsoft entries and only fiddle with third party stuff in Autoruns for safety. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Interesting Items in Autoruns

I hide the Microsoft entries and only fiddle with third party stuff in Autoruns for safety.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
  2. johnpd Win User

I ran across two Rundll32 items in Autoruns in multiple computers which I don't recall existing there before.

Interesting Items in Autoruns [​IMG]

Any idea what they might be?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Getting OccidentAcrident.dll startup error on Windows 10

Chris

Extract from your Autoruns file:

+ "\chris coleCementerFrizzlierV2" ""
    "" "File not found: OccidentAcrider.dll"
    "" ""

Please use Autoruns to delete 8 entries where the words “File not found” appear. With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. Click the
    Everything tab and look for the rows highlighted in yellow. To delete a disabled item you need to recheck it before you can delete it.

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Interesting Items in Autoruns

error message at startup

To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from Microsoft).

Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. If you uncheck you can recheck to re-enable the item. It is a
    much safer approach than editing the Registry and better than using msconfig.

Right click Autoruns selecting Run as Administrator and select the
    Everything tab. Click File, Save and, using the scroll to the right, change the “Save as type” option from Autoruns Data (*.arn) to
    Text (*txt). The file name changes to AutoRuns.txt. Click the
    Save button and upload the file to your OneDrive as a shared file and post as a link here.

A useful feature of the programme is that you can right click an item and select Search Online to get information about the item selected.

Please use Autoruns to delete ?? entries where the words “File not found” appear. With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. Click the
    Everything tab and look for the rows highlighted in yellow. To delete a disabled item you need to recheck it before you can delete it.

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 10, 2018
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have got these too. It seems something system related.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 10, 2018
  6. johnpd Win User
    I looked in the Registry but cannot find any such entries.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 10, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Interesting Items in Autoruns

1. Interesting Items in Autoruns - Similar Threads - Interesting Items Autoruns

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  4. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Autorun iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autorun iso: HiI've several retro games in iso files, but when I open those iso files, they open as a directory, without any option of autorun, which is pretty annoying.Is it possible to enable autorun for these iso files? There is an autorun.inf file in the iso, but it doesn't seem to...
  6. Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns: Error changing item state: Access is denied: Hi In other thread How to optimize windows10 - XP still seems faster I have identified avast free antivirus to be the culprit for slow startup. Hence I want to disable this program from startup. When trying to disable avast from startup, I am getting above mentioned error:...
  7. Autorun?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autorun?: Just wandering if auto run still works and if so am I able to use it to start a batch file on a USB when it is inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/39c572c3-1420-4594-b3f7-49d49f9c0f60
  8. Autoruns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autoruns?: Does disabling a service in Autoruns prevent that service from ever running again or only during startup and until the service is launched manually? Never fully understood this. 139122
  9. Autorun

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorun: How do you turn on Autorun in Windows 10? When I insert a CD or DVD in its drive, nothing happens. Shouldn't I get some kind of Autorun screen? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/autorun/b3458f60-1812-48ff-8c04-8a232a62c933
  10. USB autorun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB autorun: I have a freshly installed Win10 - now upgraded to v1607 - that shows the contents of USB sticks (in a USB3 socket) when the stick is inserted - THAT is what I want. I also have Win10 upgrade from Win7 - still at v1511 because the v1607 crippled it according to a Microsoft...