Windows 10: Interesting snippets from W10 FAQ

Discus and support Interesting snippets from W10 FAQ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just found this on the MS Windows 10 Specifications page: ~Applications, files and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade, however some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Interesting snippets from W10 FAQ

Just found this on the MS Windows 10 Specifications page:

~Applications, files and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade, however some applications or settings may not migrate.
    • For Anti-virus and Anti-malware applications, during upgrade Windows will check to see if your Anti-virus or Anti-malware subscription is current. Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, Windows will install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade. If your subscription is not current, upgrade will enable Windows defender.
    • Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the “Get Windows 10” app will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept and the applications will be removed from the system prior to upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.

Useful to know that there might be a problem with AV during the upgrade and that OEM applications may be removed.

This sounds more like a Restore or Refresh action than the W8 to W8.1 upgrade. I wonder how many people will just hit the upgrade button without being aware of this though.

I hope my AV makes it through the upgrade having just got it working again after some issues.

I'm looking forward to having a new copy of Microsoft Solitaire though and really hoping that there will be a way to uninstall Candy Crush Saga and not just hide it.

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jun 9, 2015

2. Snippet Tool + Recycle Bin

Snippet Tool: I found it in my new machine loaded with Windows 10. The Snippet does what it is supposed to however when sending an email either with the snippet as an attachment or copied to the email; the email is lost in "cyberspace" & never shows up

I deleted Snippet on a suggestion from "Microsoft Community" but now can't find the Microsoft Snippet Tool download. I've seen plenty "knockoffs" but want the Microsoft version.

Recycle Bin: I cannot find it anywhere. I tried to load the icon to my tray, (I do know how) but it never showed up nor is it in the list of programmes. I don't believe it is loaded.

This is a new HP machine (ordered from HP) with Windows 10 so what's up?

PhillipBradbury, Jun 9, 2015
  3. JPCoetzee Win User
    Hide some folders from the "Photo" gallery?

I use TrekBuddy, a navigation software. Trekbuddy stores map snippets on the phone, hundreds of little images in graphical format (JPEGs or PNGS).

When I go into "Photos", Under "All"I see thousands of pictures because the phone finds all the map snippets.

How can I hide the map snippets from the "Photo" galery?

many thanks

JPCoetzee, Jun 9, 2015
Thema:

Interesting snippets from W10 FAQ

1. Interesting snippets from W10 FAQ - Similar Threads - Interesting snippets W10

2. Recovery key faq

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key faq: Hello , I need to retrieve the recovery key faq for my tablet. My key ID is 3E795BDA.Drive Label: JC-Stream-7 Windows 3/11/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-faq/0732f4dd-cc44-4596-b4cd-8862c0cdf5a3
  3. Recovery key faq

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key faq: Hello , I need to retrieve the recovery key faq for my tablet. My key ID is 3E795BDA.Drive Label: JC-Stream-7 Windows 3/11/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-faq/0732f4dd-cc44-4596-b4cd-8862c0cdf5a3
  4. Windows 11: FAQ

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11: FAQ: What is Windows 11?Windows 11 is the next version of the operating system from the Windows Family by Microsoft Corporation, announced June 24th 2021. Windows 11 succeeds Windows 10. What are the system requirements for Windows 11?The system requirements for Windows 11 are as...
  5. Windows 11: FAQ

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11: FAQ: This is the unofficial FAQ for Windows 11, the next Operating System by Microsoft.What is Windows 11?Windows 11 is the next version of the operating system from the Windows Family by Microsoft Corporation, announced June 24th 2021. Windows 11 succeeds Windows 10. What are the...
  6. snippet tool

snippet tool: Did MS just change how the snipping tool works? All of a sudden when I snip from twitter it makes it huge. Too large to fit in a twitter box. I have three computers and all of a sudden it is doing that on all three of them. Had no issues before. Mode is the same as when it...
  7. Snippets in Powershell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippets in Powershell?: Hi, is there a way to have snippets in win10 Powershell for frequently used text? It seems to be in Powershell ISE but not Powershell. Thanks submitted by /u/moshka1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29t4m/snippets_in_powershell/
  8. FAQ: Broadcast & Capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FAQ: Broadcast & Capture: When I record anything like videos or games I can't hear anything and I even made sure that everything was turned up to 50% Why dose this happen. Is my Motherboard getting old do you think?...
  9. Hyper-V FAQ

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V FAQ: Is there anyway that I can create a virtual switch but without interfering with the physical network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-faq/f1d8ebe4-88d6-47ab-8544-28dc38c0c318
  10. Snippets Manager

Snippets Manager: Anyone know of a snippets manager that does not overwrite what's in the clipboard when a snippet is pasted. Don't say it can't be done, I have one, but its old, no longer available and its license key is based on my ethernet MAC address. Basically I want to copy a link...