Windows 10: Intermitent issue: "Windows Hello Requires Your Pin"

Discus and support Intermitent issue: "Windows Hello Requires Your Pin" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, build 10.0.14393. I am a great fan of Windows Hello facial recognition login. However life... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sapro, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Sapro Win User

Intermitent issue: "Windows Hello Requires Your Pin"

Hi all,

I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, build 10.0.14393.

I am a great fan of Windows Hello facial recognition login. However life has been made difficult after on of the recent updates.
    First, the "PIN" option was greyed out, and following some advice on the forum I manage to reactivate it by adding a new "AllowDomainPINLogin" in the registry.
    However 50% of the time, after Windows Hello recognises my face, it asks to enter the PIN (preceded by the message "Windows Hello requires your PIN"). The other times, in logs in straight away as it use to.
    I am not sure if I can found a proper pattern for that quirk. It seems to be more stable when I am physically connected to my domain through the docking station. But is flaky when not (even other VPN to the same domain). When it asks for the pin, if I keep ignoring it and trying the facial recognition again and again, sometime it will login finally, sometime it won't even after 6-8 repeat. I have tried to play with the group policy without great success, but I probably have missed the right setting.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

:)

Sapro, Apr 21, 2017

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Apr 21, 2017
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

Intermitent issue: "Windows Hello Requires Your Pin"

1. Intermitent issue: "Windows Hello Requires Your Pin" - Similar Threads - Intermitent issue Hello

2. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  3. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  4. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  6. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  7. Your PIN is required to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your PIN is required to sign in: My windows 10 get updated , I do not know where it through my existing user now I saw two user account one is guest which I am able to login but my account with name Saad it says your pin is required to sign in but it never show the textbox to enter the pin what to do now ......
  8. this device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for windows hello -- PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    this device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for windows hello -- PIN: [ATTACH] There is just one problem, I AM my organization and I have NOT to the best of my recollection set ANY requirements. This problem materialized this morning when my wife was attempting to log into Windows 10 using her usual Microsoft credentials. She clicked "I...
  9. Windows Hello PIN "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello PIN "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello": [ATTACH] Hey all, The other day when I logged into my computer, Windows forced me to change my login PIN from my 5 digit one to a 6 digit one. I don't know why, but I couldn't back out of the menu or skip. After changing it, I went to go see if I could change it back from...
  10. Intermitant BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermitant BSOD Issue: Hello everyone, First time poster here. My PC is a custom built desktop running Windows 10 x64. Running a slight overclock, but the issues occur weather at stock or not. My PC was stable for a very long time, but recently has been BSOD every few days. I did...