Windows 10: Intermittant Temporary profile

Discus and support Intermittant Temporary profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 around 2 months ago and generally it works fine. However, three times in that time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Squibbler, May 16, 2016.

1. Squibbler Win User

Intermittant Temporary profile

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 around 2 months ago and generally it works fine. However, three times in that time when I boot up, it has told me I have been signed in to a temporary profile. When I reboot my machine, all is fine. I tried to follow the instructions in this thread You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix - Windows 10 Forums this morning as I wondered if possibly it is slightly corrupted. I only have one user profile which is an administrator one. Whilst deleting that registry item caused win 10 to recreate my user profile as described, none of my files were accessible and neither was the internet or my emails.

After a major panic, I managed to use my ipad to google and find out how to do a system restore on Win 10, and rolling back to Monday returned my registry to its previous state TG and I can access my files again.

What did I do wrong? And any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Another issue that may be related is the first time win 10 did this, it deleted a lot of shortcut icons on my desktop - the programs are still on my system and I was able to drag them back onto the desktop and recreate them.

PS - I dont have a windows key on my keyboard either as per the instructions and had to find another way to get into regedit.

:)

Squibbler, May 16, 2016

2. Temporary Profile

Original Title : janetannh

I'm now using windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. I am being signed in on a temporary profile and cannot access my files of programs. Why is this happening and what can I do about it please.

JanetHamnett, May 16, 2016
  3. AislinC Win User
    Temporary Profile

Same here. I've tried all of these solutions step by step, but nothing worked for me. Ever since I first rebooted my computer two days ago, I can only sign in with a temporary profile no matter what I do. I run both scans, I even talked to someone from Microsoft
    Online Desk Support, but the problem is still an issue.

Please help, I can't use my computer like this - I need to access my files and programs!

AislinC, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Intermittant Temporary profile

1. Intermittant Temporary profile - Similar Threads - Intermittant Temporary profile

2. Temporary profile issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile issue: Hello! So I was facing issue with the temporary profile issue of Windows 11 and I am literally sick and tired of all the measures I did to remove the temp profile. So I am going to reset my laptop and reinstall Windows. Please can anyone ensure me that doing this will solve...
  3. Temporary profile issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporary profile issue: Hi a few days ago ,updated my laptop and then i logged into my laptop as normal but it signed me into temporary profile now since the i have tored everything but none of the things work....
  4. Signed with temporary profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signed with temporary profile: i receive the blue banner for sign out , because i dont know why my pc start with sign with a temporary profile , and , again and again , window 10 64 bits update 2004. How i resolve it ???...
  5. login to a "temporary profile"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login to a "temporary profile": In the last update that my laptop did six days ago, when I started again, it was not with the usual desktop applications and it asked me to configure enough basic data.In the configuration of accounts it appears to me that I am using a temporary account, when investigating on...
  6. Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  7. temporary profile loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    temporary profile loaded: Each time I log on to my computer it loads a new profile...how come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-loaded/05397ed1-3beb-48dc-8164-73b73ea4c8c6
  8. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  9. Signing in with Temporary Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittant temp profile