Windows 10: Intermittent BSODs when stressed

Discus and support Intermittent BSODs when stressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been having intermittent BSODs when my computer is under somewhat heavy stress though occasionally it's when I'm only running one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChaosTherum, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Intermittent BSODs when stressed

So I have been having intermittent BSODs when my computer is under somewhat heavy stress though occasionally it's when I'm only running one application. Not sure if this is a windows 10 problem I know some drivers aren't quite updated yet. I was having quite regular crashes every time I stressed my network until about 2 or 3 weeks ago when the most recent windows 10 update came out. Now I am getting a new BSOD I tried trouble shooting it myself it seems to point to the processor being the problem though I'm not sure. I have ran a 16 hour memcheck that turned up no errors. Any help would be fantastic there should be around 11 minidumps in the file at least that's how many I have on my system right now. Not 100% sure how the data collector works. Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: Everything should be in order now.

:)

ChaosTherum, Feb 6, 2016
  2. RogerGov Win User

windows 10 graphics hardware blocking access

Did not show anything.

Further information..

The problem usually occurs only when running pyramid or tri-peaks within the solitaire package as if they use a different feature of the others. It is intermittent. I did try running a video stress test from Dell which failed with the same error five times
    out of six (usually on the wireframe stress test). An oddity is that it sometimes fails when it is not the active display.

RogerGov, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Dell Venue 8 Table suffers BSOD after Windows 10 1709 Cumulative Update.

Then it might be due to hardware issue. Do a GPU Stress Test:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/13081-furma...

Stop when Temps reach 85C or BSOD occurs or you see artifacts.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Intermittent BSODs when stressed

Until you have removed all pirated stuff we can't start troubleshooting.

Forum rules

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  5. What Piracy are you talking about. I was not aware of any software piracy going at the time of crash nor at the time of taking the reports. I know you can't reference anything specific but just a clue would help. Like what file in the dump to look into.

Edit: I also removed the file dump to respect the rule until I can sort things out.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    All I know is that there is pirated stuff present on your system, a clue is below.
    As stated, until you have removed all illegal stuff you won't receive any help.
    Code: 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com[/quote]

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Hopefully things have been cleaned up. Sorry about that.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It seems to be a consistent crash, data read errors on cache level 1 which would speculate a CPU problem as you suspect.
    Stress test your CPU, update your BIOS and make sure nothing is overclocked

Intermittent BSODs when stressed [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note If you're overclocking anything, please stop it and set everything back to default while troubleshooting

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00106853138 Section @ ffffe001068532c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 0) Status : 0xb6004000d3000135 Address : 0x0000000038963230 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00033653138 Section @ ffffe000336532c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 0) Status : 0xb6004000e9000135 Address : 0x0000000132a90e20 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0010c853138 Section @ ffffe0010c8532c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 0) Status : 0xb6004000dc000135 Address : 0x0000000191381e30 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000[/quote]

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Okay so just before I do this I will say that nothing is overclocked. I made sure of that. I also figure I should mention that this processor is around 4-5 years old so not sure what the life expectancy on a processor is just figured it was worth noting. I'll get back once I've run prime95 Think I've already got it installed. Keep an eye on temps with speedfan.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  10. So I ran the test it ran for maybe a minute and a half no severe overheating. BSOD. also got one whilst trying to write the reply the first time through. Here the two minidumps generated.
    Note: I closed all applications that I could before running prime95

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  11. So on a whim I tried underclocking my processor by 300 mhz I have not had any crashes and can run prime95 just fine. I've got and had my voltages at stock I had the clockspeed at stock. Once I underclocked it, it seemed to work fine.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  12. After underclocking I checked the voltage and for some reason my BIOS decided to undervolt my cpu set it to stock and have no problems now.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Voltage is back to normal, is the frequency still underclocked?

14. No clocked it back up to 3.3 Ghz. I'm gonna run Prime95 while I sleep tonight. But I've been working with archives haven't had a bluescreen since.

ChaosTherum, Feb 7, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Ok, good to hear *Smile

Keep me posted.

Thema:

1. Intermittent BSODs when stressed - Similar Threads - Intermittent BSODs stressed

2. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  3. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  4. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  5. BSOD when stressing gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when stressing gpu: Recently i have been getting BSOD while playing games So i stress tested my laptop gpu The Temperature is always 70-80 C But after a while i hear glitching in sounda And suddenly everything freezes and the BSOD appears Everything is updated drivers, windows, everything My...
  6. Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings: Hey all, I keep getting BSODs as soon as I start a stress test on stock settings as well on my previous stable overclock. I was able to perform these tests when I built the system back in March, but I upgraded my cooling to a custom loop and wanted to see the difference it...
  7. Random BSOD's when stressing the PC

Random BSOD's when stressing the PC: Hi, I have been getting random BSOD's in the last month or two. I am a Media Production student, therefore I use the PC for video & photo editing, VFX etc. During these activities, when the PC is under high stress, it tends to crush with a random BSOD, such as...
  8. BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU

BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU: Hello guys, My pc works great. I can browse internet, watch movies etc. But when i play game after 5-10 min i got BSOD with lined screen and buzzing sound coming from my headphones. After crash with no error it force me to hard shutdown or reset. When i reset pc or shut it...
  9. BSOD when pc is under stress

BSOD when pc is under stress: Hello, It has been a couple of months since my desktop computer started to having BSODs, usually when i'm playing. By now i'm almost certain it is hardware malfunction but can't really narrow out the faulty part. Things I've already tried: -Memtest -> No errors -SSD...
  10. Many BSODs when at stress

Many BSODs when at stress: Hi, I'm getting random BSODs like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ; SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when playing games. Last time after restarting PC (BSOD) win10 run a disc repair, its going insane. I've tried: -Turning off, on ,and system managed...