Windows 10: Intermittent connectivity on home network

Discus and support Intermittent connectivity on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a Win 8.1 PC and Win 10 laptop which can see each other at all times on the home network but only once in a while actually display each other's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pogo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Pogo Win User

Intermittent connectivity on home network

Have a Win 8.1 PC and Win 10 laptop which can see each other at all times on the home network but only once in a while actually display each other's files and/or transfer files from one to the other. Just now the PC can display the laptop's Homegroup items (but not full C:\ listing), but not vice versa. Either computer can access the internet just fine at all times whether or not there's a working connection between them. Running default troubleshooter on either computer gives no useful information other than "seems to be configured correctly." Files transferred via sneakernet will work but it's obviously a hassle.

:)

2. D-rockCA Win User

Windows 10 Wifi ''Default gateway not available'' problem

Same issue on a Lenovo T460p. Intermittently cannot connect to certain Wifi networks (both home and other networks such as a coffee shop, where a login is required). Requires running the network diagnostic each time. The problem is that sometimes running
    the network diagnostic doesn't always work - but there about three different ways to access a network diagnostic tool, so I access it through "Network & Internet Settings" << "Change Adapter Options" << [right-click on Wifi connection] Diagnose.

Regardless, there is some sort of issue and it is a bit irritating as it can take 3-4 minutes to connect to a Wifi network.

D-rockCA, Feb 26, 2018
  3. HarryK1 Win User
    Lumia issue with Wi Fi connection.

Hello all. Any thoughts on this particular issue? Thanks

Nokia Lumia 900 Smartphone

Windows 7.8

OS - 7.10.8862.144

Firmware - 2175.2307.8862.13100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Network - Comcast.

Router/Modem - **** TG862

Encryption - WPA/WPA2-PSK-TKIP/AES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:

Intermittent Home Wi-Fi since Phone firmware update around July 2013.

Symptom - Phone will not connect to Home (secure) Wi-Fi on its own. It will however, connect when my Laptop (Wi-Fi) is on or when I re-boot the modem.

There are two other household devices that use the network. An IPhone and an XBox (wireless). Neither of these have an effect on the Nokia as to connectivity.

The phone connects to other non secure Wi-Fi networks. I've not been able yet to try another secure network.

Summary:

Since

Since my upgrade to Firmware - 2175.2307.8862.13100

Nokia Lumia 900 works fine on non-secure public networks.

It will not connect to my Home secure network unless (Laptop Wi-Fi) is on or unless I re-boot the modem.

HarryK1, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Pogo Win User

After reviewing Sportflyer's thread (seemed a similar problem) I disabled SMB1 on both the PC and the laptop. After rebooting, each could display the other's shared content via File Explorer. This morning, after booting up, SMB1 was still disabled in the PC but apparently had re-enabled itself on the laptop. I again disabled SMB1 on the laptop, rebooted & all was fine; I could transfer and open files in either direction. Went to snowblow the driveway ~¾ hour. Upon return, (both machines merely sitting idle) the PC could see the laptop but the laptop could not see the PC. The laptop's SMB1 was still unchecked. I rebooted it and it could then see the PC shared contents; SMB1 seems to have stayed unchecked. Lot of hoop-jumping just to have a simple home network. Suggestions?

Thema:

1. Intermittent connectivity on home network - Similar Threads - Intermittent connectivity home

2. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  3. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  4. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  6. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  7. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10

Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10: Hello! Im in the process of moving and i cant run an ethernet cable from my room into the living room yet where the modem is. Im trying to use my old toshiba laptop running Windows 7 as a wifi receiver using ICS and connecting it directly to my desktop running Windows 10...
  9. Intermittent Network Connectivity

Intermittent Network Connectivity: Hi, So I have recently updated my system to build 1703 and I started to face some connection issues to my modem. Initially I thought the issue was from the ISP end, however, except for my laptop, all other devices that are connected to it have synchronous internet access...
  10. Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing

Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing: Hi, new here and have a new windows 10 (factory installed) PC HP desktop computer with Comcast Wifi internet modem and wired Ethernet connection. I don't know much about computers, but I'm having a constant problem that I can't seem to solve. No computer experts close to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home intermittent network connectivity after boot