Windows 10: Intermittent freezing - Graphics card driver error NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

Discus and support Intermittent freezing - Graphics card driver error NOT WHAT IT SEEMS in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have been getting frequent short term freezing on my HP xp9400 desktop running Win 10 On the worst freezes an error was given AMDcard driver error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by stonechat, Feb 7, 2016.

1. stonechat Win User

Intermittent freezing - Graphics card driver error NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

I have been getting frequent short term freezing on my HP xp9400 desktop running Win 10
    On the worst freezes an error was given AMDcard driver error.
    I had AMD 5450 graphics card and tried updating driver.

End up (trying to) fixing this I bought a new Graphics card a Gigabyte nvidia Geforece GT610

I have installed the drivers
    I now get the same error, the error is reported as nvidia driver error

Any clue as to where to go from here?

:)

stonechat, Feb 7, 2016

2. system thread exception not handled nvlddmkm.sys WIN 10

Hi Michael,

Just to tack on to this thread, I've started seeing this error after the latest Windows 10 feature update. The error message is the same as the one mentioned at the top of the thread, but I do have a screenshot of the BSOD if it's helpful.

I'm working on a laptop with an Nvidia GeForce 940M graphics card. The error only occurs when I bring the laptop out of hibernation, and only occurs intermittently then. I've updated to the latest drivers for the graphics card, but it doesn't seem to be
    changing the error behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David_Weston, Feb 7, 2016
  3. kmode_exception_not_handled

Over the past week I keep having my pc freeze and come up with a blue screen with the above error.

I'm running Windows 10 (64 bit) and have recently upgraded my graphics card to an AMD R9 390. I had been running the latest drivers for it (crimson edition 16.5.1) but in an attempt the stop the error meesage had rolled back to 16.3.2. This did not seem
    to stop the problem. As my graphics card is the only hardware or drivers I have changed recently I assume the problem is related to this.

Please help!

MongooseX1, Feb 7, 2016
  4. maciak Win User

I have AMD 6850 and the same problem. I think it started after updating windows to 10586.71 as I did not changed anything more and it started happening. Mostly visible durring watching any movies.

maciak, Feb 7, 2016
  5. The latest driver for your card is 361.75,check to see if you have it. It is better to do a CUSTOM install,which allows you to only install the Graphic Drivers and to also check the Clean Install box.This last one ensures ALL previous driver data is erased,or it should!Don't forget to create a restore point first.

joeandmarg0, Feb 8, 2016
  6. stonechat Win User
    THIS IS NOT A GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER PROBLEM
    I have had the problem with an AMD 5450 and a Gigabyte GT610, just with slightly different error messages

stonechat, Feb 8, 2016
  7. maciak Win User
    Second that as I've also did not changed anything with the drivers from the first day I've installed my win10 and it started to happen few days ago.

maciak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intermittent freezing - Graphics card driver error NOT WHAT IT SEEMS - Similar Threads - Intermittent freezing Graphics

2. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...
  3. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers: nvlddmkm service reset for a device instance with PCI ID\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2&SUBSYS_1363152D&REV_A1\4&3944E46E&0&0008 has been completed with the following status: 0. Reinstalled the drivers , nothing helped the Windows , I ask for help...
  4. Error and error of Nvidia graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. graphics card drivers

graphics card drivers: after upgrading to windows 10 my computer says it has no drivers for my graphics card.It is not a clean install only an upgrade and the card worked before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/abf546cf-45d7-4508-90c8-e3c5f00d6543
  6. Graphics Card Driver Error.

Graphics Card Driver Error.: Hello, I currently have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop with Windows 10 installed. Yesterday I was playing CS:GO on my laptop and suddenly I encountered a Blue screen error. I didn't read the error and just waited for the system to restart and fix the error but after the windows...
  7. Graphics card driver error and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card driver error and BSODs: Hi. So I had just reinstalled windows and updated it to the newest build. After reinstalling, I noticed that whenever I played any videos both online or through the player offline, there would be transient glitch sounds as if the video was stuck. I suspected the sound...
  8. Graphic Card Drivers

Graphic Card Drivers: Following various Windows 10 updates and with the last update 1809 I am having problems due to the fact that the Graphic Card drivers are not compatible with a video editing program. My Graphics Card is INTEL HD 530 and after the 1809 update it changed the driver to...
  9. Graphics card driver

Graphics card driver: I have recently gotten a new graphics card (Sapphire pulse RX570 8GB) for my computer. when I plugged the graphics card in and started my computer I downloaded the driver from the driver disc and restarted my computer. when I checked the device manager and checked the...
  10. What is the best driver for this graphics card ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the best driver for this graphics card ?: Hello, can i ask you what is the best driver for this graphics card ? i have this one installed: (Versão do software Radeon - 16.12.2Edição do software Radeon - Crimson ReLiveChipset gráfico - AMD Radeon(TM) R2 GraphicsTamanho da memória - 512 MBTipo de memória -...