Windows 10: Intermittent lockup using mouse

Discus and support Intermittent lockup using mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I successfully upgraded (well not without issues!) to Win10 Pro. I have been having issues where when I click on something the computer just goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WPaGuy7, Aug 18, 2015.

1. WPaGuy7 Win User

Intermittent lockup using mouse

I successfully upgraded (well not without issues!) to Win10 Pro. I have been having issues where when I click on something the computer just goes into La La Land. Only way I can get out is to do a hard reset or hold down the power button for four seconds. I am not sure what error report to look at to see what is hanging up the system. Any help on that would help me figure out what was wrong. Initially the machine did not like my old Logitech Trackman Mx trackball unit so I shut down the machine and unplugged it and plugged in a standard USB Microsoft mouse. The issue is still there but not quite as bad. Seems to be related to moving and clicking the mouse.
    Any ideas?*really

:)

WPaGuy7, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Kevin-O Win User

Microsoft Casual Games on Windows 10 stall (freeze, get wedged) from time to time

Nope, sorry. A few hours later I tried another jigsaw puzzle with the "new" mouse and had a lockup. They're sporadic/intermittent as I feared. And happen with different mice.

Kevin-O, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Mike888ml Win User
    DVD player

Hello Richard thanks for your help, that update solved the problem of being unable to play videos but it appears there are still intermittent lockups when playing videos that require a restart.

Mike888ml, Aug 18, 2015
  4. WPaGuy7 Win User

Have checked many things and the computer (IP35 Pro) will hang up when it wants to. This not related to the mouse action as I first thought. It seems some process get lost. Can anyone tell me what error report might give me a clue to what is happening? I never had this problem with Win7 Pro. All drivers are up to date and the Windows checker did not see anything prohibiting me from updating and gave me the ok to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Any information on the error report to look at will be greatly appreciated. Once I know what the error is I might be able to find a solution. Thanks for reading.

WPaGuy7, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Intermittent lockup using mouse - Similar Threads - Intermittent lockup using

2. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  3. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  4. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  6. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  7. mouse & keyboard lockup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse & keyboard lockup: I went from v1909 to 20H2 and a couple of times my mouse and keyboard froze. Since it never happened with v1909 I can only assume it is the 20H2 'upgrade'. I don't believe it was a memory issue since I was only surfing with a couple of Edge tabs and Excel open, and I do have...
  8. Intermittent Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Mouse Issues: Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss...
  9. Mouse works intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse works intermittently: On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...