Windows 10: Intermittent Sleep Issues

Discus and support Intermittent Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About 50% of the time, if I put the Win10 computer to sleep (either manually or via regular time of inactivity), it sleeps and wakes normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chemie, Jun 30, 2016.

1. chemie Win User

Intermittent Sleep Issues

About 50% of the time, if I put the Win10 computer to sleep (either manually or via regular time of inactivity), it sleeps and wakes normally.

However, starting 2 months ago, I randomly get a failed sleep.

Symptoms:
    * Screen sleeps, mouse and keyboard sleep
    * Computer fans do not turn off and system light does not blink (which it normally does when sleep works)
    * When I wake it, the mouse wakes, but the screen is still off and system appears hung
    * Have to reboot via computer reset switch to restore

I think the issue is that it won't go into sleep properly. I have not been able to correlate what conditions trigger a good or bad sleep.

Ideas on how to troubleshoot?

:)

chemie, Jun 30, 2016
  2. surfing69 Win User

How can i remove the password for signing into my PC

i have already used this process - the issue is that when the PC restarts or awakes from sleep it intermittently asks for the password when it shouldnt.

I wanted a solution to remove the original password NOT to bypass or skip it

surfing69, Jun 30, 2016
  3. kminb1983 Win User
    WINDOWS 10 Shut down problem

Still has problems intermittently with the power issue, but putting the computer to sleep and then signing back in and then shutting down seems to make the power problem go away for at least a couple of days. Microsoft still needs to fix this.

kminb1983, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Intermittent Sleep Issues

1. Intermittent Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Intermittent Sleep Issues

2. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  3. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  4. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep: For the past few months I've been trying to diagnose the cause of a BSOD that happens intermittently when I'm trying to put my desktop computer to sleep. I've collected the log files as instructed on the forum, attached them to this post as well as posted them here:...
  5. Intermittent connection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intermittent connection issues: I've had issues connecting to wifi for a little while now. When I turn on my laptop it says no wifi networks can be found. I've tried various methods as well as restarting my laptop several times until the problem seems to resolve on its own. My wifi then works for the rest...
  6. intermittent Ethernet issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    intermittent Ethernet issues.: I've been having intermittent issues with my ethernet cable for the last week or so for 5-30minutes it will go down once or twice a day at that time the WIFI still works so i have to switch to it. has anyone had a similar issue and would know how to fix it submitted by...
  7. Intermittent Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Mouse Issues: Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss...
  8. Intermittent Folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Folder issue: My clean install of Windows 10 intermittently forgets what a folder is. It also constantly resets the default program settings at random times, removing all my settings to default. After I set my defaults, usually about 20 minutes late it resets them all back to default. I...
  9. Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC: Hi all! I've been having this issue since updating to Version 1903. Entering sleep mode sometimes causes the pc to hang. A few times when this happens the fans start running at full blast. I tried all the following: - Updating BIOS; - Updating Graphics Driver; - Turning...
  10. Intermittent problem with sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intermittent problem with sleep mode: I have a Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 1803 and have a problem where the PC will enter sleep mode once or twice after a fresh boot, but subsequent sleep commands only turn off the monitor; the hard and CPU remain active. I tried closing all active windows and also logging...