Windows 10: Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off t

Discus and support Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off t in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; fter upgrading to Win 10 Home from 8.1 and even after clean install of Win 10 Home, I get intermittent almost black screen without cursor. Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by freeindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off t

fter upgrading to Win 10 Home from 8.1 and even after clean install of Win 10 Home, I get intermittent almost black screen without cursor. Programs running, like browser video continue producing sound without glitch. Ctrl-Alt Del does not work but Fn-F7 turns the LCD backlight off (darker black screen) and pressing again turns it on with video restored. The problem will recur from 2 seconds to a day later. Driver errors in Generic PNP Monitor (present in Safe Mode) and Bluetooth have been corrected by uninstalling and scanning for new hardware, but problem persists. Both sfc and dism completed without changing anything.

ASUS N550JK
    Win 10 Home 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    AMI UEFI v. 208 (latest)
    Intel Core i7-4710HQ
    16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
    SanDisk 250 GB SSD

:)

freeindeed, Apr 5, 2016

2. Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off then on

Solved-Intermittent black screen after Windows 10 update. I have my computer connected with an HDMI to a Smart TV. I changed the display to the following and it solved the problem:

Right click desktop

Select Graphics Options

Select Output To

Select Clone Displays

Select Built in Display-Digital Television

BeckyRodrigez, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off then on

Hi,

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your time and effort trying to figure out the issue. Please come back to us with result we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off t

1. Intermittent Windows 10 black screen resolved by turning monitor off t - Similar Threads - Intermittent black screen

2. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  3. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  4. How to turn off touch screen on a Windows 10 monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off touch screen on a Windows 10 monitor?: I got a wet splash on my monitor in two spots and now it is permanently registering touch in those spots even after I clean them off. I can't use my mouse or touchscreen to navigate, only my keyboard. Is there a way to turn touchscreen off without having to click anything or...
  5. How to turn off touch screen on a Windows 10 monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off touch screen on a Windows 10 monitor?: I got a wet splash on my monitor in two spots and now it is permanently registering touch in those spots even after I clean them off. I can't use my mouse or touchscreen to navigate, only my keyboard. Is there a way to turn touchscreen off without having to click anything or...
  6. Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.: While playing a very light game my monitor stopped lost signal and my PC automatically restarted. I opened it up again and it did the same thing but this time it was making beeping noises through my headphones. This monitor disconnection's be happening for a while now, please...
  7. Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows: About 2-3 times a week, Windows goes completely black will not respond to Ctrl-Alt-Delete. The computer itself is definitely on, as I can ping the computer when it is in this state. Most often, 1 or 2 restarts will fix the problem. Afterwards, when checking event log for an...
  8. Laptop screen intermittently turning on but external monitor works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen intermittently turning on but external monitor works.: Hi, I've been having problems with my laptops. The screen sometimes just doesn't turn on or turn back on if I restart it. Using an external monitor works fine but the built in screen is having problems. It will sometimes turn on and show no signs of damage or loose...
  9. Monitors will not turn off/Screen saver won;t activate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors will not turn off/Screen saver won;t activate: Hi guys. I have been trying to get my monitors to shut off so I don't get a burn in on my screens. I can't seem to figure out what is causing them to stay on. I tried enabling a screen saver which won't turn on and I also tried making a keyboard shortcut to turn off the...
  10. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after turning monitor off and on: Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with Digital Port HP connected with DVI Problem: if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a...