Windows 10: Internal Drives showing as External - Powershell command?

Discus and support Internal Drives showing as External - Powershell command? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after having to migrate to a new User Account on my local machine, the issue with having internal drives appearing as external ones is back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mansen, May 23, 2017.

1. Mansen Win User

Internal Drives showing as External - Powershell command?

So after having to migrate to a new User Account on my local machine, the issue with having internal drives appearing as external ones is back. Previously I've managed to google my way to a Powershell script that took location and bus into consideration for an easy five second fix, but I can't seem to find it AT ALL (been searching for almost an hour now)

All I've been able to find is an old regedit script that doesn't take into account location, so both drives being Bus 0 doesn't help much as running that doesn't do anything - Does anyone have it lying around by any chance? Not overly great accidentally unplugging an active, internal drive.

Yes - I have all of the correct drivers, including Intel's annoying Rapid ones. My Z270 mobo's BIOS has no settings to fix this there (god bless ASRock in their infinite wisdom), so a script edit is my only way out. *Rolleyes

:)

Mansen, May 23, 2017

2. Missing Hard Drive

Was it an external drive?

or an Internal separate drive?

Does that show in BIOS??

Sumit Dhiman2, May 23, 2017
  3. rsp0248 Win User
    Windows 10 - store is not opening

Hi Julian,

Getting error message -

'"PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command " is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

{$manifest is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

rsp0248, May 23, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Not a big fan of scripts. But here is the manual workaround method here:
    Internal Hard drive showing in
    Doing it manually will allow you to get around the Disk0 issue too.

The real question is why your SATA AHCI driver is not handling this, as that is what it does. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver usually installs the driver.

5. Mansen Win User
    That solution is for Pre Win 8, as is evident by the use of msAHCI rather than STORAHCI. Regardless it's the same issue here. Doesn't have any effect.

As for why... god knows. ASRock are known to cut corners a bit at times. Rapid is already installed as well as every single driver offered by ASRock's website, as well as some additional Intel ones just in case.

Mansen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal Drives showing as External - Powershell command? - Similar Threads - Internal Drives showing

2. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  3. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  4. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]If you are a Python programmer, you know the importance of its libraries. One of the easiest ways to install those libraries is by using the PIP command. However, when some users tried doing the same, they encountered the following error message: ‘pip’ is not...
  6. WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]WMIC is a command-line tool that is used to perform WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) operations. The WMI allows scripting languages that let users manage their servers and personal computers running on the Windows operating systems. You can run WMI commands to...
  7. No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...: Before you ask, yes, there is a PATH variable set for command prompt. Actually, there were multiple PATH variables for command prompt which I thought was the reason for it not working but the commands don't work in either Command Prompt or Powershell. The command prompt was...
  8. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt: How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt .................. anyone intrested to contact please ping me...
  9. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    A command is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is Windows OS able to find where its located? A simple example is when you create a [...] This post A command is not recognized...
  10. internal hard drives showing as external removable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal hard drives showing as external removable devices: I just finished building my new pc and my hard drives which I moved over from my old computer are showing in device manager and windows media player as portable devices. How to I get them to show up as internal My system is AMD Ryzen 1400. Asrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard,...