Windows 10: Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Discus and support Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeenTechie, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Hello!

My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt but nothing comes up in Explorer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:)

TeenTechie, Jun 2, 2017

2. new win 10 dual drive pc - D:\ is not shown

Please
    Post a screenshot of Disk Mgmt

So are you satisfied with the Clean Install to the SSD? Does it perform well enough to keep?

If so then the issue is only the Data hard drive not showing up in Explorer even after reformatting? Have you tried swapping in another hard drive to test it?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Disks Not Found by Disk Manager

Only 3 of 4 internal hard drives found by Disk Manager. DVD/CD drive found, but none of the USB drives are found. Need to copy data back to the internal drive that is not found and does not show up in File Explorer. Please help.

GregCowling, Jun 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

It would love to have a drive letter allocated - then hopefully you will see it in explorer. Presently it's a bit lost and lonely...

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    If you use Disk Management to format it, don't accidentally have this option bullet-ed, make sure it is in fact going to assign a drive letter. Probably not your issue, but thought I'd bring it up as a possible.

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jun 2, 2017
  6. You were right! Thank you so much.

TeenTechie, Jun 2, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    *Thumbs Glad it was so simple! Reboot and make sure it's still there. Just a sanity check......

f14tomcat, Jun 2, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, looking at the image you provided, there's not a drive letter assigned, thus the reason you can't see it in explorer.

That said, you can manually assign one by right clicking the disk (blue sections) in Disk Manager, and selecting "Change Drive Letter and Paths" and then choose a drive letter...

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt [​IMG]

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt - Similar Threads - Internal Hard Drive

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Portable hard disk drive won't show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Portable hard disk drive won't show up in file explorer: Hello I have a Dell portable hdd that has segate ST1000LM024 HDD but it won't open in file explorer but I opened it It works fine the lights are on and there is sound of the cd inside the hdd running....
  6. external hard drive not showing up in explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not showing up in explorer: my external hard drive has been dropped from a metere hight and when i connect to laptop It is recognized as a device and showing up in device manager but not appearing in windows explorer. In disk manager its showing as Disk 1 and initialize , i tried to initialize but its...
  7. 2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer

2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer: I did a windows reset and now my SSD shows up, but my 2 hard drives do not. After looking around the forums I see the initialize and add a letter to the hard drives solutions, but those are not available options in the disk management window. When I right click on either...
  8. Hard drive not showing up

Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  9. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  10. Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer: I was updating my graphics driver and had to restart the pc. When it started booting back up it took like 10 minutes to get to the windows login screen. Then I noticed that some of my program icons were missing. So when trying to figure out why I noticed my harddrive was...