Windows 10: Internal HD regular chuntering while comp. is asleep

Discus and support Internal HD regular chuntering while comp. is asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the recent big Creators update (I'm now on 1703 Build 15063.483), while the comp. is asleep, the internal HDD regularly chunters every 3 to 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stevekir, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Internal HD regular chuntering while comp. is asleep

Since the recent big Creators update (I'm now on 1703 Build 15063.483), while the comp. is asleep, the internal HDD regularly chunters every 3 to 5 minutes for a few seconds, as though the drive is waking up.

Why is this please?

Also, as far as I can tell, by two ext. USB HDDs seem to be permanently spinning. I know this because after they have not been used for a long time they display their contents in about 1 second, whereas before there used to be delay as they chuntererd up as they spun up.

Also why is that please?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Jul 17, 2017
  2. Mark_524 Win User

Waking from 'Sleep' mode.

I utilize the sleep function regularly. At the moment the comp will sporadically turn itself back on after I've put it to sleep. Would like for it to stay asleep. Any suggestions/fixes? Thanks.

Mark_524, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 is stuck (extremly low performance) while copying or moving big files.

Thank you !..

I´ve tried options you ´ve advised... but unfortunately it wasn´t a solution.

While I´m moving big files or big quantity of files from or to External HD to internal HD ... or between internal HD different volumes!...

The system is only doing this without any options to open anything.

GastónScazzuso, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

Internal HD regular chuntering while comp. is asleep

1. Internal HD regular chuntering while comp. is asleep - Similar Threads - Internal regular chuntering

2. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  3. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  4. My wifi disconnects while asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi disconnects while asleep: What's up y'all. I got a new lenovo ideapad flex 5 running windows 11 and it disconnects from the wifi on sleep mode. does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-disconnects-while-asleep/92b823fb-b509-4189-bd95-dd79f04712cc
  5. Internal SSD HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal SSD HD: I have an Asus which appears to have internally shorted out. The SSD HD has a ribbon cable attached. From what Ive been reading, I may be able to use this drive externally in a little case with a usb (sata-usb) device. Is this possible? The windows 10 operating system also...
  6. Comp freezing and glitching while downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Comp freezing and glitching while downloading: Hi, so my computer out of nowhere just started freezing and glitching when i download files. IF i download large files and multiple ones while using an internet downloadmanger it gets all laggy. IVe been downloading files the exact same way for years. Nothign had changed so...
  7. File backup while system is asleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File backup while system is asleep: I have my Windows 10 PC set up to go to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity. I am trying to decide on some file backup software. I have looked at Aoemi and the software that came with my Western Digital external drive. None of them seem to work while the system is asleep....
  8. Backup while PC asleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup while PC asleep: I have scheduled my PC, running Windows 10, to backup to an external hard disk at 2am. As I am sure you know, having read so many complaints on different websites, this doesn't work because the PC is in sleep mode and doesn't wake up to perform the task. The result is...
  9. Regular bugchecks during asleep (Error: 0x00000139)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular bugchecks during asleep (Error: 0x00000139): My Surface Pro 3 (Win 10.14393) regularly reboots during the night and goes to sleep on the login screen again. I am leaving it docked to the Surface 4 Dock plugged into an external screen through the dock. Most mornings the Reliability Monitor has reports of the type:...
  10. Internal Or External HD Addition ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Or External HD Addition ?: Hello, New desktop pc that came with 1 TB HD. Debating installing another internal 1 TB HD vs just using an external one. Lots of Photos, and another user with lots of video, etc. The only advantage that I can see for another internal one is that it is probably...