Windows 10: Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

Discus and support Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I left my computer running for a few hours, came back, and tried to launch a program. It said the shortcut no longer existed. I opened my file browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GuyInDogSuit, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

I left my computer running for a few hours, came back, and tried to launch a program. It said the shortcut no longer existed. I opened my file browser to manually go to the app, but the drive it was installed on gave me an I/O error. I rebooted, thinking that would fix it. Now the drive doesn't show up anymore, and in Disk Management, while it DOES show up there, it pops up a notification that says, "You must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it." says, "Disk 2, Unknown, Not Initialized." It shows 0 MB capacity, allocated space, and reserved space; and no volumes. Type is "Unknown." Partition style is "Not applicable," status is "Not initialized." Device status says "This device is working properly." The events tab just says, "The device was started."
    Very odd because not even a few days ago, I was scanning all my drives for errors, and everything came up healthy with no errors. It's not making any clicking or whirring sounds, either, signs of a dead drive. What can I do to fix this? I don't want to lose the data.

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Jul 31, 2018
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jul 31, 2018
  4. tfab Win User

Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

Internal HDD not maintaining drive letter/not mounting after reboot

Here are some screen shots of Disk Management before after a fresh boot prior to reassigning the drive letter with Partition Wizard. The second screen shot shows the error I encounter when attempting to assign a drive letter via Disk Management.

Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot [​IMG]

Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot [​IMG]

Thanks for the assistance.

Thema:

Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

1. Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot - Similar Threads - Internal HDD asking

2. Internal HDD disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD disappearing: Recently, I upgraded my GPU and had my PC cleaned. After that my internal HDD just randomly disappears and reappears after shutting down. It happens if it's been off for hours or while I'm using my PC. It only happens to my "D:" drive. I also checked my disk management when...
  3. Internal HDD unable to initialized

Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  4. HDD drives not initializing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives not initializing: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  5. HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  6. Prompt For Bitlocker Recovery Key For Secondary Internal HDD After Reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt For Bitlocker Recovery Key For Secondary Internal HDD After Reboot: Have rebooted my laptop Dell G7 and drive D: secondary was not accessible until the Bitlocker Recovery Key was entered. It appears to be treating this drive as external with a Drive Type of "SDV" and not internal. As in the manage this device section the secondary drive is...
  7. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  8. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  9. Internal HDD not maintaining drive letter/not mounting after reboot

Internal HDD not maintaining drive letter/not mounting after reboot: Hey all, Brand new here, and just returning to Windows as a platform at home. Hopefully this is the right forum. I'm experiencing a strange issue with my D: drive since what appears to be an unexpected shutdown late Saturday night (Event ID 6008). When I booted up my...
  10. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd not initialized after reboot test

2. internal HDD not found after reboot

3. 2nd internal drive disappears after restart

4. external hdd stopped working now asking to initialise will i lose everything