Windows 10: Internal HDD's jumbled up, on SATA ports?

Discus and support Internal HDD's jumbled up, on SATA ports? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Ive just taken a look at my hdds in disk management, and everything seems mixed up. Im pretty sure c:\ (windows) is on sata 0, but here its disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Groggubus, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Groggubus Win User

Internal HDD's jumbled up, on SATA ports?

Hi, Ive just taken a look at my hdds in disk management, and everything seems mixed up.

Im pretty sure c:\ (windows) is on sata 0, but here its disk 2? is it important that its disk 0? am i doing something wrong?

also, i just plugged an external hdd in, and it became d:\ (disk 0). i already had an internal drive that was d:\, and now its gone. how do i get it back?

I would like disk 0 to be windows, and disk 1 (d:\) to be my blu ray writeable drive.

any advice? thanks

:)

Groggubus, Jul 14, 2018

2. SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

I have a SATA internal HDD that supposed to be my main operational disk but I bought a "lay flat docking station" for Another SATA internal HDD that I cloned from my internal drive on my tower. But now I look at the properties on both drives and they both
    say they are online. Is it bad to have them working that way because I don't know what drive is working at any given time? I'm assuming I need to go into the BIOS and set it to which drive I want?

deerpark243, Jul 14, 2018
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

using a USB makes it a external drive to the system. suggest that you do some research on USB vs SATA.

JoeNamco, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Skyferia Win User

Unable to Detect 4th Internal SATA HDD

Hi,

My motherboard is: GIGABYTE p55a-ud3p

As you can see below, Windows 10 detected all 4 HDDs:

Internal HDD's jumbled up, on SATA ports? [​IMG]

And they are enabled in the BIOS (I think?):

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Skyferia, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Internal HDD's jumbled up, on SATA ports? - Similar Threads - Internal HDD's jumbled

2. E - SATA Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E - SATA Port: On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757
  3. Jumbled up icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jumbled up icons: My desktop icons are all out of place when I open my computer. It started after I had the last update about a month ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumbled-up-icons/aaa1e5e4-7c9e-44bc-81c7-0e3d3aeb571f
  4. Changed SATA ports between 2HHD's and HDD: device not migrated

Changed SATA ports between 2HHD's and HDD: device not migrated: I recently wanted to replace my 1TB HDD with a new 8TB HDD. The HDD is only used for storing data (music, movies, OneDrive etc.). Windows 10 runs from a M.2 Samsung Evo 970. I opened the PC case and loosely plugged the new HDD to the SATA2 plug, formatted it and activated...
  5. Sata ports question

Sata ports question: Hello all, i have just built a new ryzen PC, with a Asus B450 F MB , and i just got a Samsung M.2 970 EVO 500 Gig to replace my current 850 Evo, from what i understand my MB uses sata ports 5&6, i currently have 2 devices connected to those ports. would moving those two to...
  6. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  7. SATA port are not working??

SATA port are not working??: Glad you got it fixed. Sounds like the CMOS got "confused" and the reset allowed it to detect what was actually present. Good job! --Ed--
  8. Unable to Detect 4th Internal SATA HDD

Unable to Detect 4th Internal SATA HDD: Hi, My motherboard is: GIGABYTE p55a-ud3p As you can see below, Windows 10 detected all 4 HDDs: [img] And they are enabled in the BIOS (I think?): [img] [img] [img] Please advise. Thanks in advance! 48056
  9. Internal SATA HDD's - convert to NAS storage --any ideas

Internal SATA HDD's - convert to NAS storage --any ideas: Hi there I've about 4 SATA HDD's that I've removed from computers that I've junked -- all SATA about 12 TB. Is it possible to build an enclosure and create a NAS drive -- I can easily make external USB drives but I think a NAS storage system would be better. Any ideas of...
  10. SATA port not working

SATA port not working: Hi all, I hope that this thread doesn't go as long as the other one, but you never know. In my last thread, that dealt with recovering data on a bad windows 10 disk image, towards the end of it I mentioned that Windows Explorer lost recognition to one of my DVD's. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media www.windowsphoneinfo.com