Windows 10: Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Discus and support Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WildOne, May 7, 2018.

1. WildOne Win User

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but does not resolve issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...moveable-media

BIOS updates not possible due to age of mobo….everything worked fine prior to ver 1803

:)

WildOne, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

1. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media - Similar Threads - Internal SATA Drives

2. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  3. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  4. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello,Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system image. I think...
  5. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system...
  6. Problem after "Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media" fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem after "Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media" fix: I had a problem with my SSD showing up as a removeable drive. It always seemed like there were hesitations with that drive so I thought I should fix the proble. To do so, I followed this Microsoft recommendation: Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media This is the...
  7. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  8. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  9. Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing: I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end. *Smile Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board? There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an...
  10. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

2. sata disk windows 10 mark external media

3. asmedia sata drive showing as external

4. ssd drives connected to asmedia controller disaplay as removeable,
  5. asmedia sata drives show as external,
  6. windows 10 Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media,
  7. ssd showing as removable media,
  8. ssd shows up as media drive,
  9. sata showimg removable,
  10. internal drives show up as removable media,
  11. Internal SATA SSD Drives shows up as removable,