Windows 10: Internet Access "Limited" After Sleep-Mode or Reset

Discus and support Internet Access "Limited" After Sleep-Mode or Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I own an HP laptop running on windows 10. Since I got it back in December, I've had the unresolved issue as follows: Whenever the laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catty05, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Catty05 Win User

Internet Access "Limited" After Sleep-Mode or Reset

Hi!
    I own an HP laptop running on windows 10. Since I got it back in December, I've had the unresolved issue as follows:

Whenever the laptop is starting up, be that from sleep mode or powering it on from off, it connects automatically to my home network, as it should, but with a "Limited" connection. The only way to resolve the issue is to disconnect and reconnect, and it is fine until the laptop is closed or shut down.

As you can imagine, this got rather tedious rather quickly.

This is the only device in my house with this issue, among phones, tablets, gaming systems, and other laptops/desktops.

Any help or solutions are appreciated!

Things I've tried:
    Resetting the computer (duh.)
    Resetting my router.
    Replacing my router and modem (This was for an unrelated issue, but it was done regardless)
    Clearing and re-inputting my home network settings
    Resetting the router like 30 more times
    Joining this forum! *Biggrin

Please help.

:)

Catty05, Apr 3, 2016

2. win 10 aniversary update

I hadn't noticed that one. Same here.

Have to reset it from sleep mode and reboot.

ErnestMcDowell, Apr 3, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 3, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Catty05 Win User
    Thank you for the info and links, but I don't think this is the issue- it isnt just with hibernation/sleep... it's any form of ceasing the computer operations, including turning it on (from being off) or resetting it.

If no other solutions come up, I'll keep what you said in mind, but even the HP link deals with exclusively sleep-mode issues, none of which involve connectivity.

Catty05, Apr 3, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That is the issue. It has been known about since XP SP3. ACPI is not getting the proper IRQ info between Windows and the hardware.

That is why I never use sleep on computers. I just let it run all day, until I am done and then shut down when I go to bed.

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Yeah, some of us have the same problem with HP laptops, but unfortunately we've been unable to cure it other than toggling Wi-Fi on/off every time it does it (I.E. Airplane mode or Wi-Fi on/off) in order to get internet connection again.

Was fine with Windows 8.1, so I'm not sure what was changed in Windows 10. Like you say, it's not just when coming out of sleep (although I do have my suspicions that it's sleep/power saving mode related somehow).

ARC1020, Apr 3, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

It was like that with XP SP3, when Microsoft screwed around with the ACPI, to try and tweak more performance, without sacrificing Battery time.

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  9. Catty05 Win User
    I'm not entirely sure how the issue could be a sleep mode or power saving mode issue if it occurs in a computer that never enters sleep or enters PS mode. It would seem more like an issue with the connection functions, since anything that disrupts a continuous connection (Be that sleep, powering down, etc) triggers it to happen.

Oh well, I guess. I'll mark this as solved, since the solution seems to be "No solution exists."

Catty05, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Access "Limited" After Sleep-Mode or Reset - Similar Threads - Internet Access Limited

2. Win11 Safe Mode limited accessibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Safe Mode limited accessibility: Learning and working through a clean install of win11 on a new computer. Had to access safe mode to uninstall an interrupted antivirus software install, found it inaccessible thru classic means: shift/power/restart, system restore, settings. Was only able to access it from...
  3. Win11 Safe Mode limited accessibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Safe Mode limited accessibility: Learning and working through a clean install of win11 on a new computer. Had to access safe mode to uninstall an interrupted antivirus software install, found it inaccessible thru classic means: shift/power/restart, system restore, settings. Was only able to access it from...
  4. Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep: Hello! I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me. In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and...
  5. Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode

Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode: Hi I am using: Windows Version 10.0.19041.388 Lenovo Notebook Hitron Wifi/Router I have tried every thing that has been suggested on the net to solve this annoyance. Nothing has worked including recycling the router. I recall some but not all previous versions of Windows...
  6. No internet in sleep mode

No internet in sleep mode: According to the router port indicator, my laptop always connected except sleep mode. Most of the time I use WOL while traveling but accidentally if the laptop goes to sleep mode I can't able to wakeup it remotely. Is there any way to keep network adapter active in sleep...
  7. Can’t access internet after winsock reset?

Can’t access internet after winsock reset?: No internet access after winsock reset.. I’m on Windows 10. Long story short an online game wasn’t working for me so I followed a Youtube video that told me to enter in some commands in cmd. Commands were: netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset...
  8. Limited internet access but not

Limited internet access but not: Hi Guys, I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows 10 and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level. So he was unable to run Fifa15 and discovered that you need windows media player to run it. When using the add windows...
  9. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....
  10. Limited Access After Restart

Limited Access After Restart: So i was accessing the internet fine on my computer no more than an hour ago on the same network im on my laptop now with and then i restarted my computer and it give me limited access and i cannot connect to the internet. I reinstalled my wifi card driver and that didnt...