Windows 10: Internet and Network by Ethernet lost

Discus and support Internet and Network by Ethernet lost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm on build 10122. After an hour or so of operation I lose all network access by Ethernet using the built-in Broadcom NetLink Gigabit adapter. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalBear37, May 23, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Internet and Network by Ethernet lost

I'm on build 10122. After an hour or so of operation I lose all network access by Ethernet using the built-in Broadcom NetLink Gigabit adapter. If I plug in a USB WiFi adapter all network and internet access is okay. Reboot and the Ethernet access works again. I believe this may have been happening on earlier builds less often but I didn't use them on a regular basis as I am now trying to do with this build. The device manager says the Ethernet is working properly but the Ethernet Status clearly says there is a problem, see the picture below. The driver update says it is installed and is the latest version. Meanwhile the system appears to be trying to make the Ethernet connection as DU Meter is indicating a constant 123 kbps upload that it doesn't normally do. I'm sure its the Ethernet adapter because if I "disable" the adapter then the 123 kbps stops. However the disabling never finishes and the driver/adapter won't uninstall.

Internet and Network by Ethernet lost [​IMG]

Internet and Network by Ethernet lost [​IMG]

:)

CalBear37, May 23, 2015

2. no internet

I suddenly lost internet. I have rebooted several times and run a network check which tells me that my "Ethernet doesn't have a validI IP configuration Not fixed."

DennisD3162, May 23, 2015
  3. Ethernet not connecting

I used to connect to the internet using ethernet.One day while I was busy browsing I lost connection (a yellow triangle appeared on the network icon).Upon troubleshooting I get the following message "Ethernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration. But
    I can connect on other networks using ethernet save for the one I got disconnected on that particular day.

patpardmus, May 23, 2015
  4. eagle Win User

Have you went in the device manager and select the network adapters, power management, uncheck the box that says allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy.

eagle, May 28, 2015
  5. CalBear37 Win User
    I have done as you suggested and will report if the problem goes away. However, it seems the Ethernet access only goes out when I'm actually doing things the require internet access. That would not seem to be a good time to "save power" particularly on a desktop computer *Sad

CalBear37, May 29, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    I would go to the broadcom web site and look for a driver for your adapter.

labeeman, May 29, 2015
  7. CalBear37 Win User
    It just failed again while downloading/installing Build 10120. I have the same driver on my two other boot partitions, Win 7 and Win 8.1, with no problems. I have the latest driver from Dell but I could try Broadcom. When I "install it" I'm told I already have the latest driver. Perhaps the new build will help, I may also win the lottery.

CalBear37, May 29, 2015
  8. CalBear37 Win User

I did find an updated Broadcom driver. It has an "Advanced Control Suite" that provides lots of information about the installation and the driver. Build 10130 had a slight installation hiccup but is now installed. So far the Ethernet has continued to work, perhaps its fixed. If it doesn't go bad in the next couple of days I'll "Mark as Solved".

CalBear37, May 29, 2015
  9. CalBear37 Win User
    After extensive internet use via Ethernet only connection it is working well. So the new driver or the new Build 10130 has solved/removed the problem. I will mark as solved.

CalBear37, May 30, 2015
  10. katah1969 Win User
    *** Update - found them and installed. Your fix worked. Thanks! ***

Hi CalBear. I'm having the exact problem you had and from your screens above we have the same network card as will. I was wondering if you might provide me with a link to the driver you downloaded as I'm hoping it will solve my problem, too.

I did go to Broadcoms website, but they have so many things to pick I'm not sure which is my card. Thanks in advance.

katah1969, Jun 3, 2015
  11. dtech Win User
    See if you are using Realtek drivers for your ethernet. My problem seems to be with Realtek's audio and ethernet drivers. They don't have a ethernet driver upgrade for windows 10. I am still dead in the water.

dtech, Aug 2, 2015
  12. TheSimply Win User
    Hi,

This is how I got my wired ethernet adapter to show up in Network Connections:

TheSimply, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet and Network by Ethernet lost - Similar Threads - Internet Network Ethernet

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  4. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  5. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  6. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  7. Network & internet connection lost

8. Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet tab not in Network and Internet settings: I've tried all the network troubleshooters, but I haven't gone into BIOS or control panel to fix it.As you can see, there is not ethernet option. I don't know if I need to go to a shop to fix it....
  9. Lost Ethernet network on one system

Lost Ethernet network on one system: On reboot, I completely lost ethernet connection to internet. I still see other systems on LAN. I tried "netsh winsock reset" but that did not help. I tried "Setup new connection or internet" but that does not recognize the cable....
  10. ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS: Mostly I use wifi for internet but recently I want to use LAN wired connection for internet but it is not working. then i recoginze there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings, i updated drivers of realtek ethernet which was suggested by support assistant of...