Windows 10: Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Discus and support Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday, I was prompted to Upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10. The upgrade took about 35 minutes and seem to go smoothly. Today I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NooNoosDAD, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Yesterday, I was prompted to Upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10. The upgrade took about 35 minutes and seem to go smoothly. Today I tried to access the Internet BT Broadband. The first time I connected, the connection stayed up for two minutes and dropped straight out with a red 'X' displayed on the bottom right toolbar. I tried to diagnose the problem and this is what came up fixing 'Local Area Connection Adaptor'. I fixed it and the same occurred repeatedly three or four times, this included including checking my Firewall and Anti-Virus settings etc . This got so frustrating and couldn't get it to remain in a stable state so Downgraded back to Windows 7. Everything is now back to normal with my previous version of Windows so I can only presume there must be a bug with Windows 10 ?

:)

NooNoosDAD, Jul 30, 2015
  2. abedl Win User

wifi unusable with windows 10 version 10.0.16299.125

subject says it all.

wifi became EXTREMELY unstable after the upgrade to the latest build.

connection lasts for a few minutes before dropping out.

yes. I have the latest intel driver for my wifi adapter.

yes I uninstalled the device and reinstalled it again.

yes...I did all 10 suggested steps (in another thread)...but nothing is working!!

this is beyond frustrating.

abedl, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Mobile network connection issue (Cell+Wi-Fi) in Lumia 630 after latest update

Thanks Rebecca

I noticed, after latest phone updated few days ago issue become to occur less often. However, the phone became more unstable in Skype and Internet Explorer.

Looking forward for Win10 updateInternet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out :)

Ruslan Zavadzich, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Probably windows 10.
    I tried to upgrade & ended up with a black screen & cursor.
    The upgrade is good for a year.
    Maybe trying it next July would be better. *Smile

I personally think this OS isn't ready to be released to the public yet.
    Maybe Microsoft likes to use customers as laboratory rats to test things instead of putting money into R&D. *Smile

David Bailey, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

1. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out - Similar Threads - Internet became unstable

2. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  3. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  4. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet drop outs

Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  6. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  7. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  8. Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803

Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803: Hi, my ISP has done various tests on my line etc and says the issue is not down to them. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough to continue with the suggestions emanating from Microsoft chatbot (am elderly disabled). Can anyone assist please?...
  9. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...
  10. Problem with internet drop outs

Problem with internet drop outs: My boys who live with their mum have sky fibre 38mb download, 9mb upload & it stays connected no issue's what so ever. However the sky black router is only b/g 54g. So wifi won't be great. But it's wired up to a duel band router 300mbps & it works great. However a small...