Windows 10: Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

Discus and support Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PeteJ, Jun 3, 2016.

1. PeteJ Win User

Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the start menu. Recently when I started my computer the browser automatically opens to the MSN home page. I have scanned my computer with Malwarebytes and have no issues there. I believe it is something in one of the Microsoft updates that causes it. Any help?

:)

PeteJ, Jun 3, 2016
  2. OssieMac Win User

MSN opens in my browser during startup

The default browser was opening during startup and going to MSN page.

What ever browser I set as my default browser (Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer) was opening when I started the computer and going directly to MSN page. It was not going to the default page set for the browser. I have blank page set as the default.

Changing the registry entry to disallow probing as per my explanation in previous post fixed the problem and my browser no longer opens at MSN page during computer startup.

The problem commenced after the last Microsoft Update and that is what made me think that Microsoft changed something.

OssieMac, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Sup99 Win User
    Internet Explorer & Windows 10 Update

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update when my computer logs on for the first time my Internet Explorer 11 automatically opens with MSN. Internet explorer is my default.

My home page is not set to MSN in the tools menu but another home page which is not opening.

I have checked the start-up menu and internet explorer is not listed.

How do I stop internet explorer opening automatically?

Sup99, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Don't use FireFox but did you try re-installing it?

Kbird, Jun 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup - Similar Threads - Internet browser opening

2. MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY: Hi , When I open my pc and connect to my internet MSN news open automatically sometime not every time approximately 5 days in a week. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-opens-automatically/d35ae572-0553-4629-b86c-942f6e3a3e14
  3. Browsers opening and refreshing automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers opening and refreshing automatically: I don't k know what has happened to my pc I did a full reset and lost all my personal files and everything but still hasn't cleared the issue My default browser or the one that I am working will be refreshed automatically like a hundred times if I am watching something nor...
  4. Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup: Every time I open Chrome after fully exiting it, a website called me.fo automatically opens. I used malwarebytes and hitmanpro but they didnt change the situation. I altered C/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file by adding 127.0.0.1 me.fo at the end of it, but it didnt...
  5. Browsers opening and refreshing automatically

Browsers opening and refreshing automatically: I have installed latest version of norton security and i have a genuine windows even after checking the whole system for virus its showing that there is none but still my default browsers are opening and refreshing continuously iam using mozilla as my browser i have refreshed...
  6. MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser: I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped. Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and then repowered it, after 5 mins of sorting itself out, everything went back online and my PC opened chrome to MSN, my partner...
  7. Internet browser keep openings lots a tabs automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet browser keep openings lots a tabs automatically.: I ve tried using different browsers, full system restore, usb boot and re installed windows. Nothing has helped ,keeps happening. Is this a virus, has anyone had this issue? submitted by /u/pa_rx1991 [link] [comments]...
  8. Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

Browser opens at startup with weird webpage: This problem, I think, has started after upgrading to version 1903. When my PC starts, I get this webpage opened in my browser (Firefox): [ATTACH] I located the source and I have this startup process as shown by my task manager: [ATTACH] So am I facing a malware or...
  9. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome: went through all the step from the firefox thread adware and malware programs they found nothing only when I first open the browser it goes straight to msn and not the page I chose set EnableActiveProbing to 0 how do I stop this from hijacking my browser also it keeps...
  10. How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup: My default browser is Google Chrome. Running windows 10 Home. i have tried various methods found with a search and also remedies on Microsoft community, none of which work......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows automatically start browser with msn homepage

2. msn opens automatically on start up

3. Internet Explorer msn opening automatically