Windows 10: Internet browsers

Discus and support Internet browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am wondering if there is a specific web browser that works particularly well with Windows 10 I have been using Firefox but lately... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bluenose1940, May 31, 2016.

1. Internet browsers

Hello folks, I am wondering if there is a specific web browser that works particularly well with Windows 10

I have been using Firefox but lately this seems to be very erratic and so I am thinking of using something else.

I have done this via Microsoft Edge but, I find that when I use it, the only way that I can close it down is by using Task Manager. There is obviously something wrong but I don't know what.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Bluenose1940, May 31, 2016

2. All internet browsers stops working while internet is connected

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

krishna kant singh, May 31, 2016
  3. All internet browsers stops working while internet is connected

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to assist you further from here.

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps:

• In search, type Troubleshooting

• Click on network and internet option.

• Click Internet connection

• Run the troubleshooter.

• Follow the on screen suggestions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 31, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Internet browsers

BunnyJ, May 31, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    I deleted FF (again) recently due to running problems. Mozilla has obviously got a problem.

I currently run Edge (which is growing on me but miss the menu bars) and IE, along with chrome (default). Chrome had its design faults but is solid.

Brave looks decent, tried it once, then decided against - built on the mozilla engine I think

I was going to look at the Avant home page, but it seems to have 'died'

I am having a look at maxthon cloud browser right now, its quick, feels solid, has an thin adjustable sidebar for your fav addons or not. It come a long way since I first tried it about 3 years or more ago.

Adblock plus comes installed. One thing I did not like was I told it not to set itself as default, but it did anyway, so have to go into cpanel and default progs and reset it to chrome.

elbmek, May 31, 2016
  6. robgr Win User
    Try Vivaldi, you won't be disappointed
    I tried this in lieu of FF and never looked back

robgr, May 31, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    SeaMonkey [from Mozilla] works fine for me and even includes an E-Mail Client. Free. Safari from Apple used to be good but last I knew they dropped it for Windows [I had it on Win7].

Berton, May 31, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

Internet browsers

I'll have a look

Tried, and deleted

elbmek, May 31, 2016
  9. HRC
    HRC Win User
    IE11 works fine with Windows 10

10. Thank you for your input folks. I will have a 'browse'

Bluenose1940, May 31, 2016
  11. Download Yandex.Browser is russian counterpart of Chrome with its own sync service. I find it to be faster than Chrome and provides a good security, like downloaded files are scanned by Kaspersky and links are checked by Sophos filter. It has "Windows 10" interface, can be switched to a classic one via settings. Compatible with Opera and Chrome extensions.

TairikuOkami, Jun 1, 2016
  12. brummyfan Win User
    Thank you, it looks nice and faster, will give it a try for a while *Thumbs

brummyfan, Jun 1, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Internet browsers

Thanks for the suggestion.. so far I really like it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 1, 2016
  14. elbmek Win User
    I just tried yandex, didnt like it, I think its another of those without menu & toolbar bars which I like to use. And, when I tried something it switched to Russian!!

elbmek, Jun 1, 2016
  15. RobNJ Win User
    I actually tried to use that one. I imported my bookmarks... and it ALPHABETIZED all the folders, and all the bookmarks in each folder. Talk about a design flaw!

RobNJ, Jun 1, 2016
Thema:

Internet browsers

1. Internet browsers - Similar Threads - Internet browsers

2. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  3. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  5. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  6. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

7. Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working

Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working: I’ve trawled through the web for days and cannot find a useful answer to my problem so this is my last hope!For the last few days I have been unable to access any website with any browser on my Dell Laptop running Windows 11. Everything returns ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. All...
  8. Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access web pages with any browser - windows 11 and internet access working: I’ve trawled through the web for days and cannot find a useful answer to my problem so this is my last hope!For the last few days I have been unable to access any website with any browser on my Dell Laptop running Windows 11. Everything returns ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. All...
  9. My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...: HI ALL,My network & internet settings say im connected to the interenet- ive been using the same network of multiple devices and its working fine. except the device in question. I have tried everything...
  10. My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...

My windows device is connected to internet, however my network doesnt work on browser and...: HI ALL,My network & internet settings say im connected to the interenet- ive been using the same network of multiple devices and its working fine. except the device in question. I have tried everything...