Windows 10: Internet causes 100% DISK

Discus and support Internet causes 100% DISK in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have run everybody application to find why DISK is at 100% and freeze my computer for several minutes and find out it happens when I access my ISP,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Internet causes 100% DISK

Have you checked in Task Manager which program occupys too much disk usage on your PC?
    After the checking, try to end this task in Task Manager Processes to see if the 100% disk disappeared and then start it again.

rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Starch Win User

I have run everybody application to find why DISK is at 100% and freeze my computer for several minutes and find out it happens when I access my ISP, especially my email, does my DISK memory freeze my computer. I prefer using Firefox but I tried with other with same results.

:)

Starch, Apr 12, 2018
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Apr 12, 2018
  4. ML5
    ML5 Win User

Internet causes 100% DISK

Windows 10 causes 100% disk utilization

The fix outlined in the article did Not fix the 100% disk utilization. I cannot tell any difference in performance and disk usage still stays at 100%.

The fix ask you to verify which driver is used for, mine is not the one listed. ASUS uses a driver called "iaStorA.sys" but I made the MSI change anyway. Plan on resetting it since it appears to make no difference.

5. Hi and Welcome!

Please explain further on the issue you are experiencing. When you open the web browser, the disk usage in task manager spikes to 100%? How long does it stay there?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 12, 2018
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    Welcome to tenforums, Starch.

Is it possible your pc is trying to update Windows OS?

pyramid10, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

Internet causes 100% DISK

1. Internet causes 100% DISK - Similar Threads - Internet causes 100%

2. 100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage: My "system" in the task manager has been causing a lot of disk usage to the point that my screen goes frozen, specifically I'm getting 100% disk usageSystem randomly goes to 20% - 80% disk usage, no reason said whyThis never happened before, but until updating my pc, I am...
  3. 100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage: My "system" in the task manager has been causing a lot of disk usage to the point that my screen goes frozen, specifically I'm getting 100% disk usageSystem randomly goes to 20% - 80% disk usage, no reason said whyThis never happened before, but until updating my pc, I am...
  4. 100% disk usage, "system" causing disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SysMain Causing 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SysMain Causing 100% Disk Usage: I've a HP Pavilion g6, intel Core i5 3210M with 4GB RAM, and a Seagate Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST500LM012 500GB HDD. Its a 10 year old HDD. Recently, I discovered a option called ReadyBoost. I inserted my SD Card and formatted it to NTFS and used it for ReadyBoost. So far, I...
  6. "System" process causing 100% disk usage.

"System" process causing 100% disk usage.: I have a strange problem past few months. My laptop is slow in boot and has performance issues although my CPU, GPU and memory usage never hits above 50% but the process "system" utilizes about 15mb-30mb in hdd and therefore my disk usage is never under 90%. Step I have...
  7. Update causing 100% disk usage

Update causing 100% disk usage: I automatically installed the update and the next day my disk usage was at 100% and still is. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Vuhvv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iagcn2/update_causing_100_disk_usage/
  8. File Explorer Causes disk usage to be at 100%

File Explorer Causes disk usage to be at 100%: Title. Everytime I open up file explorer this happens... No idea why, I've attempted many common fixes already but to no avail. This is on a HDD and I also have a SSD but is at 0% during this. Any ideas or help would be appreciated... submitted by /u/C0c0nuthard...
  9. cause of 100% disk usage (windows10)

cause of 100% disk usage (windows10): 1. my processor at 12 to 40 % 2. ram at almost 90% 3. but the disk is at 100 % usage in task manager which hangs my laptop what is the real cause and how to fix it do need to buy another 4 gb ram ? (already having 4 gb ram in slot 1 [ATTACH])...
  10. How To Identify Cause of 100% Disk Usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Identify Cause of 100% Disk Usage?: I have a win10 machine that keeps slowing down drastically and when I check with Task Manager I see there's 100% system disk usage. And I can't figure out what is causing it. And I can't understand how it could be that important that is would slow the machine. 100% usage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet usage causing 100 disk