Windows 10: Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity

Discus and support Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using windows 10 and have been having an internet connectivity problem (there's a yellow triangle for my Ethernet and wireless connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Needhelpwifi, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity

Hello, I'm using windows 10 and have been having an internet connectivity problem (there's a yellow triangle for my Ethernet and wireless connection and it states Internet -secured, no internet). When I access websites, it states "DNS probe finished, no internet connection". I've tried the following and nothing's worked:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset.

and fully reset my computer (Where It resets to factory settings). I have a feeling there's an issue with the modem, but I'm not sure what I can do on my end. When I diagnose the local connection (wifi), it states ipv4 and ipv6 have no internet connectivity. And on the modem itself dsl and wlan are solid green.

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do on my end.

SSID: FRITZ!Box 7560 BG
    Protocol: 802.11n
    Security type: WPA2-Personal
    Network band: 2.4 GHz
    Network channel: 1
    IPv6 address: fd00::30cd:6af3:3ac8:XXXX
    IPv4 address: 192.168.178.X
    Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Description: Network Controller
    Driver version: 2023.42.831.2016
    Physical address (MAC): ‎40-B8-9A-70-XX-XX

:)

Needhelpwifi, Mar 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 ipv4

My IPv4 says:No Internet Access

but the IPv6 is connected. I can't open any web browser because the ipv4 doesn't have access to the internet. Plz help.

BrandynRoland, Mar 18, 2017
  3. internet and connectivity

There's nothing unusual in what you describe. Mine shows the same thing. It means that you're connected to the Internet via IPV4 but your IPV6 protocols are not connected to any network. If you were connected using IPV6, you'd see something there.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Mar 18, 2017
  4. Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity

Welcome to the TenForums @Needhelpwifi

Looks like you've done some of these, might be worth checking them all out.

How to Fix 'DNS Probe Finished No Internet' Error

Pardon the length of this post. Only read if problem continues.

If you wish to attempt fixing I would create a restore point. Given issues people are having with restore points I would also recommend using Macrium Reflect to create an image. Better safe than sorry.

First check your windows update history if this problem started in the last two - four weeks. In particular you are looking for a driver update done on your wireless network adapter. If one is found roll back your driver and post. You need to disable Windows updating your driver. Note your driver version before and after you roll back. If you want to keep the new driver check the power settings listed below and you may try disabling IPv6. You can also check out comments on channel interference. No need to read further.

Next I reset your Network within Windows 10. Click Start => Settings => Network and Internet. Bottom of right hand window, Reset Network. This will cause you to lose all wireless passwords. Will also likely disconnect you from sharing (Servers, Homegroups etc.) If you do a lot of sharing leave this step until end.

I would then power down router, wait 30 seconds and power on.

In the advance settings of your computer’s power plan I would go to the Wireless adapter settings. Ensure it is set to maximum for battery and plugged in.

Then open Device manager, find your wireless adapter, right click, then click properties. If there is a power management tab remove the check mark that allows computer to power this device down to save power.

Some people have found disabling IPv6 helps. Here is a link to a Microsoft site. Use left most option. Please note you can also reverse this change within the same link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

You may also want to see the networks around you to see if a new one is now causing interference. Ideally you want your network to use a channel that no one else is using. That isn't that realistic. As such pick one where the other networks are weakest. This is set within router.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

You can also do this and post your results. At a command prompt(admin)

Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepad and Crtl + C to paste. Post text file.)

If none of the above works, and this has been an on-going issue, you are likely going to be searching for a compatible driver. Start with the maker of your computer and see if they have one for Windows 8.1 or 10. Note the driver before and after installation. Monitor. If it works then again you need to disable Window driver updates. If it doesn’t work you are into the real Easter egg hunt.

Also watch router placement. It should be in the clear and should not be located near devices that create electrical interference / noise. (Cordless phones, Microwaves, transformers)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2017
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Resetting or rebooting the router/modem should be at the top of that long list of possible actions. When the same situation happened to me last week, I was connected to the 'net less than five minutes later.

pyramid10, Mar 18, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Open CMD prompt type ipconfig /all post results what you have posted you have corrected IP you can disable ipv6 it's not used

Samuria, Mar 19, 2017
  7. Hi guys so I had a friend call the technical service hotline (it only operates in German, which I don't speak) and they said there were internet connection issues in the area. I will double check on the connection today and call there again to see if there's an issue with the service provider rather than my equipment. Either way, I will do all the steps and post results in case it's a problem on my end.

I've already did a factory reset for the modem, in addition to factory resetting my laptop, which didn't solve the issue. I'm hoping it's an internet failure for the company since I'm getting desparate. I will update later today/tomorrow. Thank you guys for replying!

Needhelpwifi, Mar 19, 2017
  8. Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity

ok so the issue was that there was some sort of security key for the router (fritzbox). It was working on Wednesday and Thursday,but for some reason they changed the key code but put it in a website that wasn't accessible since I had no wifi. Thus, the internet couldn't work and adding the original code created a loop. Anyway, thank you so much for all your help and responses guys!

Needhelpwifi, Mar 22, 2017
  9. Great. Interesting how the suppliers think.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity

1. Internet:connected, not secured. Ipv4/ipv6 no connectivity - Similar Threads - Internet connected secured

2. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  3. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  4. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  6. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  7. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  9. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean? ***Original Title: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean?***...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...