Windows 10: internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.

Discus and support internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 64bit Like the title says, internet speed is fine in safe mode but low and intermittent (connection) in normal mode. There are threads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boomerang, Sep 2, 2017.

1. boomerang Win User

internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode.

Windows 10
    64bit

Like the title says, internet speed is fine in safe mode but low and intermittent (connection) in normal mode. There are threads here that offer tips, but none of them worked for me. Any ideas welcome.

Cheerio Chris

:)

boomerang, Sep 2, 2017

2. Problems nokia e72 email setup

The solution of using gprs for setting up gmail did not work on my E72. I use Reliance gsm's gprs.

I am frustrated with this over hyped phonme. The voice levels bothy in normal modes and loudspeaker levels are low. The phone has poorly designed interface. Prioroties defined for internet connections do not have any effect.

Will sell this E72 (just 2 month old) and buy a Non-Nokia device.

Hkarandikar, Sep 2, 2017
  3. illinjah Win User
    updating content in download! n5800xpress

Is your internet connection working? To me that sounds like you´re internet connection is down. Does normal browsing with the built-in browser work?

illinjah, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. You may want to try this.

Resetting Network Adapter (Winsock Reset)

Open Command Prompt as administrator

Type “netsh winsock reset” (without parenthesis) and hit Enter

Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

Restart your computer to finish.

Tony K, Sep 2, 2017
  5. boomerang Win User
    Thanks alot HipsieGypsie. Tried your suggestion but the internet is still slow in normal mode and lightning fast in safe mode. I renewed the 2 winsock files about a week ago and it worked for a couple of days then went back to being pretty bad. Maybe my problem has something to do with the fact that I uninstalled one cloud. Recently I reinstalled it and that also worked for a short time. Its a mystery!

boomerang, Sep 3, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Sep 3, 2017
  7. Wynona Win User
    Watching to see how the OP does with this suggestion; will add it to my arsenal. *Smile

Wynona, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

You’re welcome, @boomerang.

Which browser are you using or does it matter which one you use if getting the same results?

Which antivirus do you use? Does/did it report finding anything? You may want to try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-protect-my-pc

No need for third-party software. Press the Windows key > Type > Task Manager > Expand the window > If it’s the first time opened, down at the bottom click “Show more” > It should open to Processes tab > Look at the Network column to see what’s using it the most. Please report that/those percentages.

You may want to try: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Then: Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

If the problem persists, open Command Prompt (as Admin) and type each of these commands and allow each one to finish. This resets your TCP/IP stack.

ipconfig /flushdns
    nbtstat -R
    nbtstat -RR
    netsh int reset all
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset

Tony K, Sep 4, 2017
  9. Wynona Win User
    @boomerang

You said that the problem does not show up in safe mode. My first suggestion is to run an AV like Malwarebytes Free (MBAM). Be sure to enable scanning for rootkits, because it's not selected by default. (Windows Defender is good, but doesn’t always catch everything.)

If the system is clean, my second suggestion would be that you perform a clean boot, then start enabling things 2 or 3 at a time, until the problem reappears. Brink has written an excellent tutorial for this procedure:

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Another option is to use Glasswire (as Simrick suggested) to turn off the internet connection to the different programs/services until you find the problem."

Wynona, Sep 4, 2017
  10. @Wynona the OP might not be familiar with MBAM.

Link to Malwarebytes Free here:
    Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 4, 2017
  11. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, Sep 4, 2017
  12. boomerang Win User
    Thanks guys!
    I downloaded MBAM and scanned with rootkits checked but there were none found.
    I still have to run the DISM and SFC.
    Tried the task manager but the network column only rises with loading new images in the browser.
    Tried the boot without services and that makes a difference but as yet haven't nailed the guilty service yet. Thankyou very much for your help. Still have some of the fixes you all suggested to implement and will let you know how it goes.

Chris

boomerang, Sep 4, 2017
  13. Tony K Win User

Thanks for the report. Good luck.

Tony K, Sep 4, 2017
  14. Wynona Win User
    One other thought comes to mind, Boomerang . . .

Do you have a VPN installed? Some of us have found that ISPs tend to throttle our network traffic when a VPN is installed because they can no longer see your network traffic; thus, can't feed you ads. *Sad

Wynona, Sep 4, 2017
  15. boomerang Win User
    Hi Wynona
    No, no vpn installed here. Thanks for the check!
    Cheers

boomerang, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

1. internet connection, browsers working poorly in normal mode. - Similar Threads - internet connection browsers

2. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  3. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  6. Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet

Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet: So, getting right into the meat of it. Opera, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers won't open pages.Interestingly enough, the browsers are able to load half a page the instant you open them but then nothing works after that.Windows news, windows update, online installers, CMD...
  7. Poor Internet Connection

Poor Internet Connection: Greetings, I am trying to improve my PC's connection to the Internet. I am paying my service provider for around 100Mbps speeds. Speedtest.net indicates that I am only getting around 6-8Mbps. I've tried this test on both the 2.4 and 5G connections, and I'm sitting right...
  8. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and...
  9. internet connection, browsers working poorly.

in Browsers and Email
    internet connection, browsers working poorly.: Windows 10 Like the title says, bad browser performance with a good internet connection. Google Chrome wont work at all, firefox works sometimes, edge works sometimes. Its only been happening over the past few days. I have a laptop at home on win 10, it must have received...
  10. Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Connection But Browsers Don't Work, Periodically: After having my laptop on for a few hours I encounter a situation where I clearly have an internet connection but my browsers do not work, (both Firefox and Edge). What's weird is, on firefox, it will usually go to home page (google) and google will search, but from there...