Windows 10: Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I allowed the upgrade of Windows 10 to proceed yesterday, and now the Internet connection drops right in the middle of working. Sometimes it stays up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulS_WFB, Aug 12, 2018.

1. PaulS_WFB Win User

Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade

I allowed the upgrade of Windows 10 to proceed yesterday, and now the Internet connection drops right in the middle of working. Sometimes it stays up for awhile, sometimes it drops unexpectedly. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

:)

PaulS_WFB, Aug 12, 2018

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 12, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Aug 12, 2018
  4. ps957 Win User

Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Internet connection drops

2. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  3. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  6. Internet connection dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  7. After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...: This problem began about a week ago ~ 1/15/2020. We had several computers that after update to 1909 and security updates including KB4528760 - the network connections would sporadically drop and the adapter settings were locked up. Attempts to disable / enable the adapter...
  8. Windows 10 drops internet connection

Windows 10 drops internet connection: Hi everyone, This problem occurs very regularly on my wirelessly-connected Lenovo Ideacentre 510S desktop PC running Windows 10 (81 times in the last 3 days; source: netsh wlan show wlanreport). The internet connection just drops and then automatically reconnects after an...
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. Sporadically Losing Internet Connection

Sporadically Losing Internet Connection: I'm a new Windows 10 user and my browser is Google Chrome. The problem I'm having is that I am sporadically losing my internet connection. A quick fix is to delete cookies and history and everything is OK. I never had this problem when I was using Windows 8. Anyway to fix...