Windows 10: Internet connection gone after yesterday's update

Discus and support Internet connection gone after yesterday's update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning tenforums, this happens practically every time a windows 10 update is pushed onto my dell-pc. After I jiggle around with all sorts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by heidelbeere, May 11, 2016.

1. Internet connection gone after yesterday's update

Good morning tenforums,
    this happens practically every time a windows 10 update is pushed onto my dell-pc. After I jiggle around with all sorts of things for days, internet is suddenly on again, no idea why. Quite time-consuming affair, and gets on my nerves as well. After the latest update yesterday: same story, no internet. Is there anything I could do to fix the problem this time once and for good? Would be grateful for suggestions!
    Kind regards from Schweinfurt

:)

heidelbeere, May 11, 2016

2. Update breaking internet March 2017

Yeah that's what I did yesterday evening, the problem was gone after the fresh install but after a while windows downloaded the updates in the background, and when i would restart it would apply the updates and no more internet.

Uninstall the updates, restart, internet is back to working.

It's strange because Windows can see that the connection is there, the icon on the lower right shows no sign of error or limited availability, it looks like its connected but i can no longer browse webpages or access dropbox, googledrive etc.

JamesKChambers, May 11, 2016
  3. sheziboy Win User
    internet connecting automatically

I have got N95 from Orange, yesterday i updated its firmware and after that it connects to internet and uses all the profiles in the access points option one by one, its costing me a lot, kindly guid ASAP as I have gone through all the option which
    states connect to internet, where i have selected "Always ask", but still the issue exists, kindly help

sheziboy, May 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Internet connection gone after yesterday's update

Hello, do you use a proxy or VPN? Something that changes your internet connection settings? E.g.

Internet connection gone after yesterday's update [​IMG]

dalchina, May 11, 2016
  5. Hi Dalchina,
    thanks for replying: I use lan, not wlan, however can't find the screen you show above. found VPN though and that is on. what I noticed after the last update: I had managed to reset the windows firewall from public to private using regedit (found a recipe on the internet), the settings are the same, 1, yet the windows firewall shows the old status: firewall setting is public again. Do you think that might be a reason?

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi you can get to that from IE, Tools, Internet options, or Control Panel, Internet Options.

I would guess you'd be safer to ensure no VPN was in use.

I can't comment on your regedit etc.. what is true is that the 'Win 10' bits of Win 10 get upset quite easily if you poke them.
    If you see what I mean...*Biggrin

dalchina, May 11, 2016
  7. Hi Dalchina,
    sorry for the delay in answering: I have disabled VPN and have found the internet-properties screen. The upper box is ticked, however, the one below cannot be ticked/activated. Could have to do with the missing address: Where does that come from? Perhaps Window 10 did dislike by poking: I have redone my changes to the firewall settings from private to public. But still no internet on the my Dell.

8. dalchina New Member

Hi, ignore the address in my example- that was just to show you the dialogue. I have okayfreedom VPN installed.

Here are some basic 'repair' ideas:
    1. Rt click the network icon, click Troubleshooting and let it run. See if that helps.
    If still no internet - quite possible:
    2. Download and install Tweaking.com's free repair utility (rather good in what it does).
    It's got several cautious stages. Follow them

Select ONLY Network repair; use that and follow instructions.

(That's the easy way, else you're into trying several sets of command prompt sequences).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection gone after yesterday's update - Similar Threads - Internet connection gone

2. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  3. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  4. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No Sound After Yesterday's Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound After Yesterday's Update: Updated yesterday and now no sound. I tired 2 or 3 times to delete the devices and each time, except the last time, they were reinstalled without an issue. It's a Dell PC (desktop) and I believe it was a Realtek audio card. The only audo device that is now displayed is "2770...
  6. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  7. Local user account gone after yesterdays update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account gone after yesterdays update: My local useraccounts are missing form de login page since yesterdays update. Also: I have to hit ctrl-alt-del now on the login page before the update I could just start typing my password to log in withut pressing ctrl-alt-del. The directory containing the local account on...
  8. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  9. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  10. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442