Windows 10: Internet connection issues on restart?

Discus and support Internet connection issues on restart? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 on my PC for a few months now. I upgraded from Windows 7 and absolutely love it! However, I am having an issue. When I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luvdisturbed, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Internet connection issues on restart?

I've been running Windows 10 on my PC for a few months now. I upgraded from Windows 7 and absolutely love it! However, I am having an issue. When I use my PC on a normal basis, Everything is good. Internet connection is perfectly stable, no problems. But ALWAYS if I restart my pc, and SOMETIMES when I put it to sleep, when my computer turns back on, my internet connection can't be detected. I have to unplug it for about 5-10 seconds and do a full reboot in order for my internet connection to be detected by my pc. None of my other devices have this issue. I have an xbox one, Smart tv, my phone, laptops, etc. connected and none of them have the same issue. Please help! *Smile

:)

luvdisturbed, Nov 10, 2015

2. pc wont connect to wifi

ive had my pc for almost a year and currently it wont connect to my wifi.

sometimes it connects for roughly 20 seconds but then it disconnects itself.

ive spent countless hours searching the internet on how to fix my problem but nothng.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and so on.

internet issues, Nov 10, 2015
  3. rcpinsa Win User
    Ethernet internet connection issues on Windows 10.

Original Title: ethernet cable

changed ISP provider wireless on laptop is fine but main PC Compaq SG3 130uk not wireless connected by Ethernet cable Realtex pcLE fe Family Controller.

Connection keeps dropping for a second or two then comes back on drops again etc very frustrating, I have tried three different cables so cable not the issue.

I was with Sky broadband now Virgin broadband their help useless.

rcpinsa, Nov 10, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Internet connection issues on restart?

You do realize that it is not a computer issue, but a Router/Gateway issue. Networking 101. If computer fails to get a connection, always reboot the Router/Gateway.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
  5. It can't be a router issue. The issue only happens when I restart my pc, EVERY time I reset it. As said before, no other device loses connection, JUST THE PC! It IS a pc issue.

luvdisturbed, Nov 11, 2015
  6. Plus to fix the issue I have to unplug the pc for 5-10 seconds. And it works EVERY time. I don't touch the router/gateway to fix it. It never did this when I ran Windows 7.

7. D Luniz Win User
    I'm having what sounds to be the same problem

Its connected to the wifi, I turn it off or reboot it, and it cant connect to that network, but the other network it wasn't connected to when I turned it off it can, but if I reboot it, it then connects to the original network just fine

D Luniz, Nov 11, 2015
  8. Internet connection issues on restart?

I'm connected through an Ethernet cable. If I use my WiFi adapter, this problem doesn't ever happen. I've tried reinstalling LAN drivers multiple times, still to no avail.

9. bro67 Win User
    Again it is a router/gateway issue. Reboot the router/gateway.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Okay. Now you are on your own. You wanted help and now what you to get defensive, you can ignore the problem of why this is happening.

A short note. When you come to a forum to ask for help. Never bite the hand that helps you.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  11. I'd rather get help from someone who actually knows what they're talking about and can read my first post correctly. Thank you.

luvdisturbed, Nov 12, 2015
  12. You have not fed me anything. I didn't bite anyone, I simply asked for a person who can read my post correctly. I told you the issue wasn't what you said originally and instead of giving me new info you simply repeated the same thing. That is in no way helpful.

13. bro67 Win User

I do know something. I have been doing this stuff for 35 years. Again reboot the stupid Gateway/Router.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    You have anger problems. Your issue is a Router/Gateway problem. See my other four posts and stop being in denial for something that is the most simple form of troubleshooting.

bro67, Nov 12, 2015
  15. You are judgemental idiot. A router issue would not simply appear every time I restart my computer. No other computers do it on my network, just mine. The router issue would not fix itself simply because I unplug my pc for 5-10 seconds. Other devices would also be affected if there was a router issue.

Thema:

1. Internet connection issues on restart? - Similar Threads - Internet connection issues

2. Internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection issue: I have an Acer Aspire 7560 series that was manufactured with Windows 7 Home Premium. When I attempt to connect the computer to a Wi-Fi network, the error "No connections are available" appears. When I click on Troubleshoot, it says that Windows did not detect a properly...
  3. internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection issues: HiNot sure what channel to post this question in?Since the last Windows update last week a strange thing has started occurring with my laptop.If I have any devices connected to its mobile hotspot, then the laptop itself wont connect to the internet??I normally plug the...
  4. Internet Connectivity Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connectivity Issues: I've been having an issue with my laptop [Precision 5540] all of a sudden. It refuses to stay connected to my wifi and keeps disconnecting every few seconds but for the few seconds it's connected, the internet works just fine. None of the other devices in my home are having...
  5. Internet Connection Issues

Internet Connection Issues: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10. Lets say I'm at my house using the internet, I have no issues. When I go to school, there are no networks available to connect to. But when I restart my computer, they show up. Then when I go home, I have to do the same thing for my home...
  6. Internet Connection Issues

Internet Connection Issues: So recently for no apparent reason my internet has been disconnecting and then reconnecting for no apparent reason. It started a few days ago and I'm not sure what could have caused it to happen. It goes from saying secured, connected to secured and then I must click connect...
  7. internet connection issues

internet connection issues: Hi I recently updated to the current windows 10 update and ever since I'm having issues connecting to the internet. I'm connected via ethernet cable but every time I get on the computer I have to reset my router for the ethernet cable to work. This wasn't issue a couple of...
  8. Internet connection issues

Internet connection issues: i have a surface 10. I am in China trying to connect to my local wifi. I continue to receive the error message “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding.” I noticed others had this issue, i tried using...
  9. Internet connectivity issues.

Internet connectivity issues.: This is only a recent event, for some reaason my main internet connection I use is 'forgotten' or 'lost' by my PC. When I mean 'forgotten' or 'lost' I mean that the computer will not show my main internet connection under Wifi, after a restart or shhut-down. The only way...
  10. Internet Connection Issue

Internet Connection Issue: I have been troubleshooting this issue for a week now - following suggested solutions for problems similar (although not identical) to mine, to no avail. I believe I have finally narrowed down what event is causing my internet connection to be unavailable. When I log in...