Windows 10: Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Discus and support Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rooster, Jan 22, 2016.

1. rooster Win User

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and working.

I read Welsheagle's post. I'm running AVG Free. AFAIK, Firewall protection is only available with the upgrade to AVG Pro. Same time, I didn't install AVG until after the problem first occured. I did some of the diagnostics suggested in the thread, the outputs of which follow below.

Two errata might help lead to an explanation and solution.
    1. Restarts after doing a Hard Shutdown occasionally result in reconnecting to the Internet. Whereas, doing a shutdown/restart from the "Shut down or Sign Out" menu always results in no Internet Connection. The "Troubleshooting regime gives no joy.
    2. W-8.1 afforded a drag-in Menu using the mouse pulled in from the RHS of the screen. This no longed works.

I sincerely hope someone much saviier than I am can help.

From Device Manager:
    Network Adapters
    Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
    Inel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
    Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
    Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter
    Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E-NIC
    Teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    Eight Entries under: WAN Miniport

From ping command:
    Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 12ms, Average = 11ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32> ipconfig
    Windows IP Configuration
    Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 3:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::65eb:4033:1c5f:4e24%2
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 24.207.31.139
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.207.28.1

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:18cf:1f8b::18cf:1f8b
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::1
    2002:c058:6301::c058:6301

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{0E5B5D32-FBFF-490D-8BEC-606438A84AEC}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:18b4:2910:e730:e074
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::18b4:2910:e730:e074%11
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

:)

rooster, Jan 22, 2016
  2. GaryHiday Win User

No internet connectio after upgrading to Windows 10

My wife's computer had Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 10, she lost her internet connection. She went back to Windows 7 and the internet connection is back. What do we need to do to get her internet connection with Windows 10?

Gary

GaryHiday, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Upgraded to Windows10, now NO internet

After upgrading to Windows 10, I lost my internet connection. My desk top plugs directly into the internet with an ethernet cable. All my other lap tops are still able to connect to the internet via the wi-fi so I
    know it is not a problem with the internet. It is only my desk top (that I upgraded to Windows 10) that is NOT getting internet. The desk top says it is connected to the internet but I can NOT access it! HELP!!

jdelatorre80, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

1. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Lost

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10: Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and...
  5. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  6. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  7. Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10

Lost Internet connection when upgrading to Windows 10: When upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I lost Internet connection. On the installation DVD for the motherboard asus z170 pro gaming it says "Windows 10 Ready", so the network drivers should work I think. Just to be sure, I did download the latest drivers from here:...
  8. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  9. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  10. lost internet after upgrade solved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost internet after upgrade solved: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and lost LAN, so could not connect to internet. Troubleshooter advised a possible driver problem with the network card, however the Realtek GBT family card showed up as working in device manager. Researching Internet came up with no solution. I...