Windows 10: Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7

Discus and support Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fatfreek, May 11, 2016.

1. Fatfreek Win User

Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7

When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the airplane icon (which just appeared recently, I think after the last update). That allows me to click "connect" to my router.

Otherwise, it's a hassle -- IP address conflicts, mainly.

This problem may have been exaserbated by my switch a few months ago, from DirecTV to DISH network.

It would be nice if things were automatic like the Windows 7 days.

Len

:)

Fatfreek, May 11, 2016

2. Cannot connect to the Internet

I upgraded the system from Win7 to Win10 recently, before the update I can connect to the Internet through LAN, but after the upgrade I the connectivity always shut down automatically and this happens periodically and I have to restart the computer.

I addition I didn't change any of the configuration of the Internet setting, how can i solve this problem? I see many of users are suffering from this problem too. Thanks for answering.

Pak KinPoon, May 11, 2016
  3. ipconfig shows only "Windows IP Configuration" after upgrade to Win10

I am running malwarebytes now but I don't know how I can update it without an Internet connection.

I have another (newer) computer that I successfully updated to Win10 on the same lan that is working fine with "set DNS automatically". This computer was working with set DNS automatically before I upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

I will let you know the results of the malwarebytes scan when it is done but what should I do about the DNS problem?

Bryan_S..., May 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, WiFi connection should be automatic, provided you have both the tiles in the Action Centre that can turn WiFi off in the correct state. 'Airplane' should be the dull colour of the background of the Action Centre flyout and Available (with the WiFi icon) should be bright (on) for wifi to connect automatically (assuming in range of the router to which a connection had been established).

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  5. Fatfreek Win User
    Sorry, but I've never heard of the Windows 10 Action Center (or Centre, UK) you talk of.
    Len

Fatfreek, May 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7 [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7 - Similar Threads - Internet connection automatic

2. win7 will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win7 will not connect to internet: installed win7 on desktop, everything looks good for internet but will not connect, tried everything I can think of. Been messing with computers over 22 years [always been a little fuzzy on deep networking though]. Discovered it was a bad install but need to correct bad...
  3. win7 will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win7 will not connect to internet: installed win7 on desktop, everything looks good for internet but will not connect, tried everything I can think of. Been messing with computers over 22 years [always been a little fuzzy on deep networking though]. Discovered it was a bad install but need to correct bad...
  4. Automatic Change of Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Change of Internet Connection: I normally have my desktop connected to the internet via ethernet. However, I occasionally need to disconnect the cable and move over to wifi. I click on the little 'globe' and select the wifi icon. When the cable is plugged back in I have to deselect the wifi the same way....
  5. No internet connection since windows update I think

No internet connection since windows update I think: I suddenly lost internet connection from my laptop possibly since the last win 10 update and have tried everything I cant find on the internet to resolve it without luck, hopefully someone can advise me on anything i have missed, details are:-Status is the same on both...
  6. Problem with automatic connection of internet

Problem with automatic connection of internet: In our area, we experience frequent power-cut so the internet connection is disturbed. The problem is that after the power supply resumes, my internet connection doesn't connect automatically. It shows internet connections are available but didn't connect automatically. Even...
  7. Can not connect to internet since windows update

Can not connect to internet since windows update: Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on other devices. I've tried checking my network adapter for updates and even uninstalling it and restarting. I've also tried...
  8. Internet Issues Since Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Issues Since Update: Whenever I go to the internet after a few minutes the screen goes black and then comes back to life. Is anyone else having these issues. I used to have this issue about two years ago but an update fixed it but it is now back again....
  9. Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows: Sometimes, randomally the internet becomes unavaiable, IT IS NOT the internet connection. The windows internet in the tool bar vanishes / gets replaces by a globe with a cross in it, and all neighbours aare not avaliable. It looks very simular to when you update drivers and...
  10. Automatically connecting to the internet

Automatically connecting to the internet: My laptop and the the family’s laptop will not connect automatically to out home network; however, they will connect automatically to any other saved network. Why is this happening and what can i do to fix it?...