Windows 10: Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

Discus and support Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc. I can only go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StefanJ, Jul 29, 2015.

1. StefanJ Win User

Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc.

I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over the internet icon.

:)

StefanJ, Jul 29, 2015
  2. VladDrake Win User

Only Microsoft Edge connects to the Internet

it has nothing to do with her antivirus because i'm using McAfee and it's the same issue. I really need this sorted because there are things edge can't do that Chrome and Mozilla can.

VladDrake, Jul 29, 2015
  3. VladDrake Win User
    Only Microsoft Edge connects to the Internet

found a thread with the fix

1. run cmd as admin and type in the command line:

2. netsh winsock reset

3. press enter

4. restart pc

VladDrake, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

Hi, did you solve this issue? We have it as well!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Maree.

OzzieofTheNAM, Jul 30, 2015
  5. TheFish Win User
    Hi !

I had the same problem.

Run CMD as admininstrator.
    In the command line type: netsh winsock reset
    Press Enter then restart your PC.

Previous that, I runned the command "sfc /scannow" but I think the instructions above will help.

I hope this helps

TheFish, Jul 30, 2015
  6. zoetangz Win User
    Thanks a lot. This works for me.

Anyway, may I know what is this command about? *Think*Think

zoetangz, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Chris2005 Win User
    Netsh winsock reset is a useful command that you can use in Microsoft Windows to reset the winsock catalog back to default setting or clean state.

In computing, the Windows Sockets API (WSA), which was later shortened to Winsock, is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP.

sfc /scannow basically scans Windows core system files and replaces them if they're corrupted or missing.

Chris2005, Aug 1, 2015
  8. zoetangz Win User

I see. Thanks for the info!

So it means the Windows 10 update has corrupted the network setting of my laptop?

Is there any other way to change this setting? Like the "manual" way of doing it instead of using command.

zoetangz, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Chris2005 Win User
    Possibly. I'm not sure though.

Chris2005, Aug 1, 2015
  10. StefanJ Win User
    Yes,yes I did,just follow this video,sorry for late response :/
    How to reset the TCPIP stack in Windows 10 - YouTube

StefanJ, Aug 6, 2015
  11. Owens18b Win User
    This sounds like just what I need to try again. I'm back to Windows 8.1 for the second time (The process to revert back works really nice).

While I was on 10, Edge worked perfectly, but there was no connection to my mail server through Outlook 2013, iExplore would not work, and I was unable to activate Windows. All of the local network connections worked just fine. Some of my research pointed to the Realtek PCI-e GBE Family controller which is built into the MB, so this threw me off track.

Owens18b, Aug 14, 2015
  12. Winnigimage, Aug 26, 2015
  13. Chris2005 Win User

Awesome! *Smile What finally was the problem?

Chris2005, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge! - Similar Threads - Internet connection Microsoft

2. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  3. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  4. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  6. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings. I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try...
  7. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  8. Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Today, we’re announcing our intent to disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in supported versions of Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in the first half of 2020.This change, alongside similar announcements from other browser vendors, supports...
  9. Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On: Microsoft Edge must have VPN on to connect to websites. Firefox and Chrome on the same PC are operating OK with or without VPN. The problem started after the latest Windows 10 feature update (1803). This appears to be a BUG with Edge....
  10. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no internet only edge

2. only internet connection on edge

3. internet only connected edge

4. internet connection only on microsoft edge!