Windows 10: internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted

Discus and support internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I use this PC to share wireless connection on LAN. It had no problem in windows 7, but after upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by puneetdhadwal, Jul 5, 2018.

1. internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I use this PC to share wireless connection on LAN. It had no problem in windows 7, but after upgrading to windows 10, ICS is lost everytime the PC is rebooted. But since the upgrade, this only works after manually disabling and re-enabling Internet Connection Sharing. Otherwise the internet sharing doesn't work even though the option is set in WiFi properties.

It may be worth mentioning that internet works perfectly fine on this PC, so there are no issues with wifi usb. Secondly other PCs in LAN are also getting valid IP address from this PC, i can even bring any PC to system through remote desktop, which means that NIC is also working fine. The default IP assigned to NIC of this PC is 192.168.137.1

internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted c3ef304e-32e5-4687-8c81-9dd3846072a6?upload=true.png

I also did a reinstall and removed all old programs and files. But the problem is still there.
    PC Details:

OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Version 1803

Installed on 28-06-2018

OS build 17134.137

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 Ghz

Wifi card : Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11 n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

NIC : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

:)

puneetdhadwal, Jul 5, 2018

2. internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted

Hi,

thanks for replying, I went through the above mentioned steps, but ICS still does not start automatically,

I have to manually start the service everytime i restart the PC. screenshot is attached
    internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted fbc56f80-4eac-4976-a09a-de85eb17ee7b?upload=true.jpg

Now it appears that the problem lies with the automatic startup of ICS.

puneetdhadwal, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted

Hello,

This could be related to the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is not set to run automatically when your system starts. Kindly check the service and set it to
    Automatic. Follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Services.msc in the search bar and press Enter.
    3. Under Services (Local), look for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and double click on it.
    4. Under General tab, change the option to Automatic
      next to the Startup type option.
    5. Hit Apply to save changes.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 11, 2018
  4. internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I use this PC to share wireless connection on LAN. It had no problem in windows 7, but after upgrading to windows 10, ICS is lost everytime the PC is rebooted. But
    since the upgrade, this only works after manually disabling and re-enabling Internet Connection Sharing. Otherwise the internet sharing doesn't work even though the option is set in WiFi properties.

It may be worth mentioning that internet works perfectly fine on this PC, so there are no issues with wifi usb. Secondly other PCs in LAN are also getting valid IP address from this PC, i can even bring
    any PC to system through remote desktop, which means that NIC is also working fine. The default IP assigned to NIC of this PC is 192.168.137.1

internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted c3ef304e-32e5-4687-8c81-9dd3846072a6?upload=true.png

I also did a reinstall and removed all old programs and files. But the problem is still there.

PC Details:

OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Version 1803

Installed on 28-06-2018

OS build 17134.137

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 Ghz

Wifi card : Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11 n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

NIC : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

puneetdhadwal, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. internet connection sharing is lost everytime windows 10 is restarted - Similar Threads - internet connection sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ICS Internet connection sharing disable and re enable everytime after restart window 10...

ICS Internet connection sharing disable and re enable everytime after restart window 10...: It's just because ics service is not starting automatically.Solution Press Windows + R key.Type services.mscA new window will pop up.Find Internet Connection Sharing.Right click and go to properties.Change Startup type to automatic.Under Service status click start if it shows...
  6. Share internet connection

Share internet connection: Hi,My internet connection is down for a couple of days. Not sure why but a technician is coming. In the mean time I was thinking that maybe my iphone can share its mobile data connection to my local network. The router is working with DHCP service, only Internet is down. I am...
  7. shared internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    shared internet connection: What setup is needed to share an internet connection with iPad Mini 2 usb connected with windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-internet-connection/99d78a1e-772e-4816-8051-efbc0180b9ca
  8. windows 10 internet connection sharing

windows 10 internet connection sharing: Windows 10 internet connection sharing does not persist across system restart. The tick box on the sharing tab remains ticked, but the connection is not shared until the box is unticked and ticked again....
  9. sharing internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing internet connection: what is the importance of sharing internet connection with other pc's? Why do I want to allow my computer to upload to other pc's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-internet-connection/c660e274-6ce1-4cdf-a576-90f6a2d2d771
  10. everytime needs to restart pc to connect to landline internet

everytime needs to restart pc to connect to landline internet: HI microsoft community, I want some help.I am having problem with internet on window 10 pc. My pc is always connected to landline but when i turn on and start my pc there is no internet access to my pc but when i restart my pc, internet start working,please fix this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connection has to be restarted every time I use the pc win 10

2. windows 10 every time computer restarted wifi connection loasst