Windows 10: Internet connection suddenly broken

Discus and support Internet connection suddenly broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win10, diagnostic message is:"one or more protocols is missing" Running diagnostic as Administrator message is:" connection between access point,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2tone, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2tone Win User

Internet connection suddenly broken

Win10, diagnostic message is:"one or more protocols is missing"
    Running diagnostic as Administrator message is:" connection between access point, router or cable modem and Internet is broken"
    What's going on , more importantly. How do I fix it?
    Have tried winsock reset, clean reboot neither solved the problem.
    Forum members make reference to ISO 1511 and others. What does ISO stand for. Pardon my ignorance.
    Does any of this make sense to someone?*Sad

:)

2tone, Dec 30, 2015
  2. cqdemal Win User

Windows Store error codes 0x80072EE2 and 0x8000FFFF on Windows 10

I have tried setting up another user account.

Store access remains stable since the .dll re-registration trick, but Weather / News / Sports apps et al remain completely broken even on the new account.

Is the in-place upgrade my only option now? Is there any explanation why certain apps can suddenly lose the ability to see my perfectly functional internet connection?

cqdemal, Dec 30, 2015
  3. RodNight Win User
    Windows 10 suddenly not connecting to internet.

Hi, my notebook suddenly can't connect to the internet after running a Windows 10 update. My router is working fine and there are no issues there. I can connect to the router with my notebook no problem there either. However my internet connection is not
    available. I've run trouble shooting several times and keep getting the same answer, Your connection to access point, router or cable modem is broken. Turn off your router (not the exact wording). I've done this several times. No luck. I've also done a restore
    to a couple days ago, no luck there either. The thing is, my router is fine, working through it now, my notebook connects to it fine, I can ping it, but when I try to go online it can't see the connection. Please help, getting desperate.

RodNight, Dec 30, 2015
  4. b1rd Win User

Hey 2tone-

First, the ISO reference is for the Windows-10 bootable installation file. ISO is a file type used for disk imaging. You can download that same file, burn it to either a DVD or a flash drive, then reformat /reload your system. IE: Clean install if you wanted. See HERE. (Basically, you just need to download the most current release of the Win-10 . ISO file from a trusted source and get it onto a flash or DVD)

Connectivity issues can sometimes be tricky. I find that it's sometimes easier to work from the outside inwards. In-other-words, check the modem and router. Perhaps reset them by shutting Windows down and unplugging each for a minute or so, then re-connect them and re-boot. Sometimes the modem just needs to be reset (power cycled)

There's several other things to try, but perhaps it might be easier to just see if you can get this resolved, via System Restore.

Thema:

1. Internet connection suddenly broken - Similar Threads - Internet connection suddenly

2. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  3. My Internet connection is suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Internet connection is suddenly gone.: Hello,I came across an issue with my internet connection on my PC which I do not understand.My PC is connected with an ethernet cable to a Fritz!Box repeater. Then all of a sudden the connection to the internet is gone but the router is still connected. The weird thing is...
  4. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  5. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  6. Internet connection is broken

7. suddenly I can't connect to the internet

suddenly I can't connect to the internet: my lap top is not connecting to the wifi. I found the error "you have no preferred wireless networks". I am not able to fix it. It is windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-i-cant-connect-to-the-internet/6a3b3ada-61ee-4902-a602-c3617f487b9e
  8. Internet Connection Broken/Unstable

Internet Connection Broken/Unstable: The internet keeps dropping every now and then, becomes unresponsive and then starts working again. Long download speeds are broken and not continuous. Is it Windows 10? [img] I've added a screenshot of the internet graph, it shouldn't be that way should it? 69537
  9. Suddenly no more internet connection (wired)

Suddenly no more internet connection (wired): Hi So yesterday I was transfering 2 movies from my external hard drive. Since then, my internet connection has been gone. We have 2 more machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop) both wired and 2 phones (wireless) who have perfect internet connections. I tried another cable and...
  10. No internet connection suddenly

No internet connection suddenly: I've been trying to fix this for around 3 hours now with no success. What I've found however is that 80% of services are stopped even though they are checked. I ran a full scan of malwarebytes to find 0 threats. When i am in msconfig all are checked and Load System Services...