Windows 10: Internet connection through Chrome not by Windows 10 Apps

Discus and support Internet connection through Chrome not by Windows 10 Apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to Windows 10. I have LAN cable connection and internet works as long I use the browsers and programs I had installed prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lloyd97, Sep 16, 2015.

1. lloyd97 Win User

Internet connection through Chrome not by Windows 10 Apps

I have just upgraded to Windows 10. I have LAN cable connection and internet works as long I use the browsers and programs I had installed prior to the upgrade. When I try to use Window 10 apps: Mail, Microsoft Edge, Calendar, etc., when I try to sign in it tells me it can't detect an internet connection. Advise?

:)

lloyd97, Sep 16, 2015
  2. Ryanln Win User

windows 10 mail app

Tried to do this all app on the windows 10 are not connected to the internet. When I try to pull up an app it just tells me ( check internet connection and try again.). I'm able to get on the internet through google chrome search engine and through Microsoft
    edge. So I now that my internet is working just fine. All apps will not connect to the internet. Please help !

Ryanln, Sep 16, 2015
  3. After windows 10 upgrade. All kinds of downloads doesnt work when the app need to connect to internet

I have no problems connecting to internet using the new windows 10 edge browser. Anything that requires connection to internet for their function. It wouldnt work.

I'm able to download the startkit for chrome from my Microsoft broswer. however when I execute the file. Chrome executable file need to download fully through internet which is unfortunately not working for my new windows 10 . The app have been whiteList
    by myself to gain access to networking resource.

RyanRyan1981, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Right-click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Internet Options and check the settings in the Connections tab and the LAN button, only item that usually should be checked is at the top for Automatically detect......... Some ISPs may specify different settings and some infections can change to use Proxy settings. Could right-click the Start button, go to Command Prompt, either one, the type ping and the name of a site such as your ISP or google.com to see if you get a return message. Use only what is in bold, no www. or https://, etc. Could use most any Domain but some will block the ping command. If you get a message back with 4 lines that mention speed or time you Internet connection is working.
    An example:
    Attachment 38031

Berton, Sep 16, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 16, 2015
  6. lloyd97 Win User
    Actually, I my VPN was keeping me from connecting. It's so obvious that I didn't even think of it. Everything works now.

lloyd97, Sep 17, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Good to know you fixed your issue.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection through Chrome not by Windows 10 Apps - Similar Threads - Internet connection through

2. Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet: Today I got fiber Internet, and as recommended we got a new Wi-Fi router, it would connect to the Apple devices and Windows 7 but it kept saying there was no Internet connection. The installer made sure that there was Internet connection. We reinstalled the old Wi-Fi router...
  3. Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet: Today I got fiber Internet, and as recommended we got a new Wi-Fi router, it would connect to the Apple devices and Windows 7 but it kept saying there was no Internet connection. The installer made sure that there was Internet connection. We reinstalled the old Wi-Fi router...
  4. Some apps won't connect to the internet, Chrome will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps won't connect to the internet, Chrome will: My browser chrome connects to the internet, but none of my other apps do. This includes Steam, Discord, Spotify, and any other app I've tried. The problem started when I bought a new router/modem and installed it. ADDITIONALLY, at the same time, I was forced to upgrade to...
  5. Some apps won't connect to the internet, Chrome will

Some apps won't connect to the internet, Chrome will: My browser chrome connects to the internet, but none of my other apps do. This includes Steam, Discord, Spotify, and any other app I've tried. The problem started when I bought a new router/modem and installed it. ADDITIONALLY, at the same time, I was forced to upgrade to...
  6. Some apps won't connect to the internet, Chrome will

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Acces of the internet through Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acces of the internet through Google Chrome: I'm unable to access the internet as an error message pops up as follows "C/Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe". It says that my "side-by-side configuration is incorrect". How do I go about fixing this problem?...
  8. problem connecting to internet through windows apps

problem connecting to internet through windows apps: When I try to connect to the internet through any of the windows 10 apps I get an error message that my laptop is not connected to the internet. When I connect to the internet through other apps like e.g. Outlook or Dropbox am I able to connect to the internet....
  9. Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet

Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet: Why does my wifi say that i'm connected to internet, and have an excellent connection, but wherever I get on chrome, the connection always times out?...
  10. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...