Windows 10: Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Discus and support Internet connection very slow, speed normal. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kodi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Kodi Win User

Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Running

version 11099 6a bit Pro
    Firefox
    Avast premium
    Router Asus AC1900
    Please note system specs are for another computer.

Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect.
    My wife's laptop running the normal release of 10 has same problem.
    Have tried everything i can think of but no success.
    Any help would be appreciated,

Brian

:)

2. One Touch Access only fast during call

I encountered a problem concerning the connection speed to internet

of PC and N79 via Bluetooth.

Connecting works fine but the speed is very slow nearly zero.

The amazing thing is that as soon as i call a number with the phone

the speed temporarily increases to the normal 3G speed. This works

even if i call my own number (which naturally is occupied). Strange...

BogusPeppelbrez, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Slow downloading speed

Hi,

Are you on a laptop or a desktop?

Is the computer plugged in to charger when downloading? (laptop)

Courtesy Ronnie Vernon, MVP

The download speed has as much to do with the website server where you are downloading a file from as it does with your internet connection speed.

You can have a very fast internet connection, but experience very slow download speeds if the website has a slow server. This could be caused by very heavy traffic on that server or it may just be a slow server.

One thing you can do to check is to go to the following website and check your speed.

Speedtest.net:

Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Try several different test websites there to see the different download/upload speeds.

Compare the results with the website where you are seeing the slow downloads.

Smittychat., Jan 14, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Possible ISP or router settings since both systems do it, ever try contacting your provider ? How about other browsers except Firefox ?

jds63, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Kodi Win User
    This problem has been around for about 10 days, would you believe it but it has resolved itself.
    I have done nothing, posting in this forum must have scared it into fixing itself.
    Brian

6. jds63 Win User
    As thought by saying to contact your internet service provider it could of been there issue and they resolved it, since any device had this issue. Glad it is resolved.

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
  8. Kodi Win User
  9. jds63 Win User
    Sometimes running it more then once, it all matters how system used for ISP is constructed, cable TV or Phone company. Upload low compared to download usually closer to download, might just be what they provide.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection very slow, speed normal. - Similar Threads - Internet connection very

2. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  3. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  4. Internet speed is very slow in edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed is very slow in edge: Recently i faced a very fu*king disgusting problem . My internet speed specially download speed is good enough but in edge it cant even cross 20kb/ps where my actual speed is nearly 50mb/ps . Please help me fast , i have some very important work !!...
  5. Very Slow Internet Connection

Very Slow Internet Connection: Hello Everyone, My internet connection in my PC is too slow, I can't even download 1MB file from the browser. I actually get the exact speed that my ISP offers in my other devices, but in this PC internet connection speed is always around 1.5mbps. It affects all the...
  6. Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet

Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet: Hello, yesterday I posted a question which was fixed but only lasted a couple minutes, then the problem came back. My download speed is stuck on 2MB/s but I used to get around 20MB/s, and my internet speed is around 160mbps. According to the reply from the previous question I...
  7. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved): For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  8. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  9. Very Slow Internet Speeds on PC. Local Area Connection "Unplugged"

Very Slow Internet Speeds on PC. Local Area Connection "Unplugged": For about 2 weeks now the download speeds for files on my desktop Windows 10 PC have been very very slow. Speed tests show an average of 8mb/s down and 8mb/s upload. My ISP plan is for 250mb/s down. The PC is the only device/computer in the house that is hardwired into the...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...