Windows 10: Internet connection won't restart with computer restart

Discus and support Internet connection won't restart with computer restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I am connected to the internet and need to restart my laptop (Win10) the internet is NOT reconnected when the computer reboots when restarting. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JArmst49, Jun 5, 2018.

1. JArmst49 Win User

Internet connection won't restart with computer restart

If I am connected to the internet and need to restart my laptop (Win10) the internet is NOT reconnected when the computer reboots when restarting. Any ideas?

:)

JArmst49, Jun 5, 2018

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Computer restarts itself NO ERROR

Hi Rassias,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

What is the make and model of your computer?

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows could be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue.
    Use the information in this document to resolve issues with the computer restarting unexpectedly

Follow the steps in this section, in order, until the problem is resolved.

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the
    Automatically restart option is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.

Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

Figure : System Properties window

Internet connection won't restart with computer restart [​IMG]

• Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under
      System Failure, then click OK.
    • Figure : Automatically restart check box
      Internet connection won't restart with computer restart [​IMG]

• Restart the computer.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Internet connection won't restart with computer restart

1. Internet connection won't restart with computer restart - Similar Threads - Internet connection won't

2. Windows restarting when connected to the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows restarting when connected to the internet: Hello! I recently accidentally downloaded a file that had virus in it and it got into my computer. I have tried deleting the files and my McAfee quarantines the files that pose a threat. Whenever i connect to the internet....in 5 to 10 mins max, my pc displays that laptop...
  3. Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't restart with external SSD connected: First off... I'd like to apologize in advance for my lack of technical ability. I've been using a Mac for the last decade and understand next to nothing on PC. Anyway... my problem is that my PC won't restart with my Seagate SSD connected to the USB port. I'm running Windows...
  4. Internet will only connect after a restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet will only connect after a restart: For the last few days I have a strange problem. Whenever I boot the computer it will not connect to the internet no matter how long I wait for it. But when I restart the computer the internet connection is just fine. So it is not a massive problem since it is easily resolved...
  5. PC won't connect to internet after restart

PC won't connect to internet after restart: So after a restart my computer wont connect to internet at all whether if its via ethernet or wifi nothing, the only thing i changed was i gave permission to a registery editor file only cause my VPN support told me to do. Anyway so now im stuck with no internet I've tried...
  6. Computer won't restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't restart/shutdown: Let me start off by saying that I have 25+ years in windows (workstation and server) but I need a second set of eyes on this. Issue: Computer will not restart or shutdown. Behavior: On shutdown or restart, it goes through the normal process, monitors turn off, but the...
  7. Computer won't connect to internet after restart

Computer won't connect to internet after restart: I'm connected via ethernet. I'm certain the problem started over the weekend after a windows update. But here's what's weird.... It will connect after I shut it down and power off. Once I do that it connects fine through the ethernet. My computer guy checked all drivers...
  8. Computer won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't restart: So I am pulling out my hair right now. I was playing a game on Steam (Grim Dawn), and as of a couple of days ago, it started hanging up my computer. The game would freeze, and Steam would be unable to connect my friends list, after which my computer would freeze. I would...
  9. No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup

No internet connection unless computer restart after initial startup: The concern is when the user logs in for the first time in the A.M. to start the day in office; the internet icon shows internet access, but when tries to browse or access Outlook for emails. Browser ends up with the error “This Site can’t provide a secure connection – sent...
  10. Internet connection issues on restart?

Internet connection issues on restart?: I've been running Windows 10 on my PC for a few months now. I upgraded from Windows 7 and absolutely love it! However, I am having an issue. When I use my PC on a normal basis, Everything is good. Internet connection is perfectly stable, no problems. But ALWAYS if I restart...