Windows 10: Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router

Discus and support Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Might be of interest to those travelling and staying in hotels where you either have a single Ethernet (LAN) connection or 1 login per room... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, May 8, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router

Hi there

Might be of interest to those travelling and staying in hotels where you either have a single Ethernet (LAN) connection or 1 login per room and you have a few devices you want to use. Also works if you have say a business meeting in your room and people need computers for your presentation etc etc.

I found the quite cheap D-Link AC750 portable router really handy for this.

Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router [​IMG]

PDF file : description and how to use

L: ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-51..._v1.10(WW).pdf

You connect this device either by LAN or Wifi to the network (the setup guide explains how to connect it using your computer initially to the wifi hotspot) and then you create your own private wifi link where you can connect client devices (phone, tablet, Fire TV box/dongle etc) etc etc). With LAN you simply connect directly to the ethernet port in the hotel and set up via the PC. Note the LAN port on the device is a WAN connector so you can't set it up as a wifi device and use the port as an ethernet / Lan connector.

I found this device particularly useful as I wanted to use my Amazon Fire TV box in the Hotel bedroom on the TV via the HDMI cable. I could also stream movies etc via KODI f(installed on the fire TV box) from my computer without having to connect the computer to the TV. Also for demoing work stuff to other workers staying in the hotel when we all needed our computers and I only had 1 ethernet connection !!!.

NOTE 100% LEGAL DEVICE.

To use the Fire TV box you need an Internet connection if you are streaming your own stuff from computer or want to watch amazon prime etc.

The D-link portable router works on both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ -- while not the fastest I was getting more than enough speed to stream videos to the TV etc.

If you DO set up your own private network though ensure you password protect it - especially say in a large hotel like a Marriott -- a load of regular travellers are usually much more "Internet Savvy" than the average joe !!!!.

Excellent device -- thoroughly recommended if you travel a lot and and run up against device limitation on wifi hotspot connection etc.

(Of course if the public wifi connection is slow - then your device will be slow too --my experience is that in a lot of better hotels these days the rooms are usually connected to Fibre / LAN internet - and this device is also useful if you don't have an ethernet port on your PC / device (Ipad users particularly !!!!) or a USB==>LAN adapter).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 8, 2017
  2. Br.ianG Win User

Problems Sharing an internet connection

I am using windows 10 and want to share an internet connection from a wireless source at a hotel. I only have one login to the hotel internet that can be shared with one device at a time.

The windows hotspot option creates a discoverable network but when I attempt to connect other devices they fail to connect. I also attempted to run an ethernet cable from my PC to a router to create a wifi network. This worked for a short time but now for
    some reason I am unable to get the router to recognize the internet connection shared from the computer.

Any thoughts?

Br.ianG, May 8, 2017
  3. MikeZAE. Win User
    one or more protocols are missing on this computer.

hi Vanessa. thanks for replay.

no. only 'windows updates' have been making changes.

when the issue begin, i tried to re install the mutiplexor protocol.

i'm connecting with a wire lan in the same hotel and is working. also a usb wifi adapter works fine.

i've connected the cellphone wlan (without usb wifi) and works too.

but, between wifi chiset and wifi hotel the issue still. the message is: no internet open.

i tried a driver update (Device Manager/Right-click Update) but the software is 'up to date'.

looks like a conflict - router/wifi adapter -.

what you think?

MikeZAE., May 8, 2017
Thema:

Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router

1. Internet devices With 1 Wifi account (hotels ) - portable Router - Similar Threads - Internet devices Wifi

2. Microsoft Blocking Hotel Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Blocking Hotel Wifi: HelloI had a curious situation earlier this week when connected to a hotel wi-fi from my Windows 10 Dell XPS-13 laptop.The hotel wi-fi is one of those that you connect initially via a subscription page in a browser in my case Edge. The hotel is in the UK and the wi-fi...
  3. Microsoft Blocking Hotel Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Blocking Hotel Wifi: HelloI had a curious situation earlier this week when connected to a hotel wi-fi from my Windows 10 Dell XPS-13 laptop.The hotel wi-fi is one of those that you connect initially via a subscription page in a browser in my case Edge. The hotel is in the UK and the wi-fi...
  4. Microsoft Blocking Hotel Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.: How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ? The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to inherit a WiFi signal for it to work. I had Windows find the device once, but then I couldn't get it to find it again ?...
  6. Hotel wifi sign in issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotel wifi sign in issue: I just checked into my hotel in Doha and my personal laptop (windows 10 pro) connects to the hotel wifi but doesn’t bring up the sign in page, it just says “no internet, secured”. I disconnected my nord VPN in case it was causing the problem, but it persists. My other (work)...
  7. Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router

Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router: How to share my Internet to Router? I've Internet connection with JioFi Reliance, India wifi dongle via "TP-Link" USB dongle at my computer Win_10. I want to share Internet to a router D-Link DWR-116 to increase to WiFi signal. Can anyone help...?...
  8. Problem to connect to hotel wifi

Problem to connect to hotel wifi: I have been having problems with public wifi on my laptop running windows 10. If I try to connect to some wifi (ususally in hotels requiring a login/password) browser opens msftconnecttest/redirect but fails to connect. I tried to switched off all firewalls and antivirus...
  9. Hotel Wifi

Hotel Wifi: I've stayed at this hotel before twice and the wifi connection was just fine and Im here again and now there is a problem. I asked the front desk if anyone else was having problems they said no. I tried trouble shooting and doing some other suggestions involving the command...
  10. Portable Router for private wifi etc

Portable Router for private wifi etc: Hi folks Increasingly Hotels etc are charging extra for their wifi if you have more than one connection in the room Well using a portable router creates your own private wifi network which you can share with other people / devices -- this one also has 5GHZ capability so...