Windows 10: Internet disconnects ramdomly

Discus and support Internet disconnects ramdomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yep setting is static on all my computers and they all use open DNS s settings Check family settings on both computer and router - if connection is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clintlgm, Jan 23, 2018.

1. AndreTen Win User

Internet disconnects ramdomly

Check family settings on both computer and router - if connection is in any way limited.

Edit. check, if your static IP is outside DHCP range. Should be outside...

AndreTen, Jan 31, 2018
  2. essenbe Win User

My idea about Safe Mode was that Safe Mode usually disables all/most third party drivers and programs. If you could boot into Safe Mode and didn't have the disconnect problem, it would indicate it is a third party driver/program causing the issue.

You have an Asus Motherboard I believe. If you have AI Suite installed, it sometimes has an internet shaping program, like Game first or something similar which can cause a lot of problems. Norton can be the same way. I used to work BSODs and have found that Norton AV causes all kinds of problems for some people. Others can run it with no problems. I can't tell you why, what I can tell you is I have solved well over 100 BSOD cases simply by uninstalling Norton. Why it causes some people serious issues and others run it with no problem at all, I have no idea, but it does. It is the same with AI Suite and several other programs. I'm pretty certain Safe Mode disables all of those programs. That was my idea with safe mode. If you have no disconnects in safe mode, we know to start looking at third party programs/drivers.

essenbe, Jan 31, 2018
  3. xips Win User
    This may appear random but replace Norton with Defender. I've found other nonMS antivirus apps cause intermittent network connectivity on my laptop.

4. Clintlgm Win User

Ok, I ran this computer overnight in safe mode with network. This morning it is still connected to the internet.
    I quite agree AI suite can cause issues although it hasn't in the past 2 years on this particular unit.
    I personally have never had any issues with Norton in the last few years. I will uninstall Norton and see what happens. As a starting point. this does worry me since I'm in the firearms business my network is under constant attack form Gun Control People.

Clintlgm, Jan 31, 2018
  5. essenbe Win User
    I can appreciate that. Maybe if it does prove to be Norton, we will see about something else that will suit you. @AndreTen may have some ideas you can try first. I have to think it would be something that affects your internet connection like an AV, a firewall or a network shaping utility.

essenbe, Jan 31, 2018
  6. essenbe Win User
    I'm just curious, you said it disconnects after about 6 hours. Is it possible that you are on a pretty strict schedule and turn the computer on at a certain time every day and it may be a certain time of day it disconnects and not just after 6 hours.

essenbe, Jan 31, 2018
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    I got impatient and have restored my C:\ back to Jan 12 on day before installing kb4506892 as I believe that the issue started with that update. Reason for my conclusion this update busted Asus AI II and III. At the time I wasn't sure what had happen and uninstalled and installed an updated version of AI the after a bit I found on the ROG forum that it wasn't just me by everyone running AI II or III had the same Issue So at that point I installed KB4073290 which was supposed to be only for AMD Motherboards. However, it did get AI II and III running again on both of my desktops running AI Suite
    I'm pretty sure during this time period is when this turning off the internet started/
    My front desk computer did not develop the disconnecting from the internet issue and I had not uninstalled or reinstalled AI Suite so I'm thinking this is where my problems may be solved.
    My Plan forward is to leave my Office computer un-updated for a day or so and see if that solves the issue. If it does then I will install 6892 and 3290 back to back and hope that solves my issue.

Does this sound reasonable is there a way not to install 6892 and not break AI Suite in the first place? and then not need 3290 to fix it? My thoughts are the next Cumulative Update for 1709 would replace them without the heartburn????

Clintlgm, Feb 1, 2018
  8. essenbe Win User

There is a way to delay feature updates, but I'm not convinced a Cumulative is a feature update. The next Cumulative will just include those 2 updates, but you can try it and see.Personally, I don't use the AI Suite any more. Tried it once on this board and it messed everything up. I couldn't uninstall it fast enough. Just my opinion, I've not found much use for the AI Suite since the Z77 platform. The Suite on the Z77 was really fantastic in my opinion.

Your plan seems fine to me, if you can delay the update. Hopefully it will work for you.

essenbe, Feb 1, 2018
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree about AI Suite, i was really only using it for fan control and EPU settings don't really need either. I guess since I had K CPU it would be an easy safe way to play around with OC, it turns out not to be so as you mention lots of other problems happen and I was never able to reset the CPU back to normal settings.
    I may be wrong but i think i have updated delayed 30 days I hope so anyway.
    Since I don't have the issue on the other computer I'm thinking something didn't go just right with these updates and the Actions I took on this computer before applying the fix

Clintlgm, Feb 1, 2018
  10. essenbe Win User
    I'm not real familiar with that chipset, but I am sure if you go into BIOS and press F5 (Optimized Defaults), it will set bios back to default settings, then save and exit. That should put your board settings and the CPU back to where it was when it first was built. Just check your sata controller first and make sure it is set to what it is right now (IDE, AHCI or Raid). You should also be able to set a fan profile in bios. It is just a little bit of trial and error until you get it set right. AI Suite just can override any bios settings, and not always in the way you would like.

essenbe, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    Well after trying every reply here and all my own efforts uninstalling AI III suite, uninstalling Norton and Malwarebytes. after a few hours, my Office computer still could not maintain an internet connection. My network maintained its connection to this computer as well Office maintained a connection to my network found KB4058258 released on the 31st
    OK So I restored one day further back from yesterday which was the 11th Jan
    I reinstalled AI III Suite
    I reinstalled Norton
    I Reinstalled Malwarebytes
    I manually installed KB4058258, had no issues
    Deleted my .ost files and opened outlook 2013 and handled my email for the day.
    Reset up my "Go To My PC" and tested I was able to log on a couple of hours later.
    Was out for the evening helping a friend with his new computer
    This morning I click on my" Go To My PC" Icon for Office and JOY i connected. So Problem solved
    I have no idea what caused my issue
    I have no idea what fixed my issue other than KB4058258
    My set up is pretty much the same as it was before the issue started
    I guess for a future reader of this thread sometimes it just takes the next WU to fix it?
    Always have lots of C:\ partition images to easily restore to an earlier time.
    this particular issue I have restored back to 3 different dates in the past. All without issues. Had I not had these Images more likely than not I would have at some point Clean Installed with all the issues and aggravation involved with that.
    You will always get the best help and most reliable advise on windows 10 in this forum!!

Clintlgm, Feb 3, 2018
  12. Clintlgm Win User
    You know I haven't check this router Asus AC68U as to whether it will allow me to set static IP out of the DHCP Range. My PeLInk Router did, my Dlink DIR 655 would not allow it. I will try it on this router and I personally feel more secure with a totally different IP set up from my Public IP. I run a small business so I do supply the public a wireless internet connection.

Clintlgm, Feb 3, 2018
  13. essenbe Win User

Glad you have it working again. Images are a wonderful thing. I used them to restore my system twice in one night 2 days ago, so I know exactly how you feel. Great that you have it fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet disconnects ramdomly - Similar Threads - Internet disconnects ramdomly

2. Internet Disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Disconnections: So I bought a prevuilt PC recently and whenever I use it the internet works just fine, but when I go to play any game it works for a few hours and the turns off and it won't turn back on unless I turn the computer off for a few hours then turn it back on, it's difficult...
  3. Internet Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Disconnects: Recently I’ve started encountering some Major internet problems. My internet connects and works just fine for things like discord and web browsing, but the second I open any game with multiplayer the ping spikes hard, up to 3000 without even matchmaking, causing my Wi-Fi to...
  4. Internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet disconnects: Hello, I really hope someone can help as running a cable to the room my pc is in would be an impossible task. Recently my internet has started to cut out at random intervals. (It has been absolutely fine for 2 months prior) It will still be connected to my router but will...
  5. Internet disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnection: So normally my wifi works just fine, but as soon as I open my laptop and start using it, the wifi starts to constantly connect and disconnect from ALL other devices. The device manager says that the driver is up to date, I tried resetting windows but a message popped up that...
  6. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: Hey i have a fresh new Windows 10 , the internet disconnect for 1-5 second and back again its really annoying i tried remove the network drivers and install it again nothing happen tried reset network same problem i tired everything in the internt and still get the same...
  7. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: so i install a fresh windows 10 download all update everything is great but i have a weird problem the internet disconnect for 1sec and come back again and this thing bother me a lot , i tried every solution but still the same , im using a cable and before install windows...
  8. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: Hey i have a fresh new Windows 10 , the internet disconnect for 1 second and back again its really annoying i tried remove the network drivers and install it again nothing happen tried reset network same problem can you help me...
  9. Internet disconnecting

Internet disconnecting: For about a year now my internet disconnected out of no where on my PC but it used to be only like once a month and everytime I just had to unplug and plug my ethernet cable. But this problem started accuring much more frequently, about ten time in the past two days and...
  10. Internet disconnection

Internet disconnection: I'm running Windows 10 on a wireless basis. If I go away from my desktop for more than a minute or two I come back and have limited connection. I have to disconnect and reconnect. Can anybody advise if/how I can change this setting so I stay connected while I'm away from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in safe mode internet disconnects after 10 minutes