Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. For the past month Internet Explorer 11 is opening at start up with many windows opening on its own.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr. AlmaBatista, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own

Hello,

I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. For the past month Internet Explorer 11 is opening at start up with many windows opening on its own. When I try to close then, I get Error Script pop up that doesn't close or solve the problem. I have not used IE in years as I prefer to use Google Chrome. I don't know how it got activated on its own. When I go to setting and add/remove programs it is not listed. I don't download anything from the internet, only required updates and I did an update about a month ago from Microsoft. The Internet Explorer 11 says the following: version 11.165.17134.0 Update version: 11.0.75 KB4339093

How can I fix my computer?

:)

Dr. AlmaBatista, Jul 17, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Carlo Fer Win User
    MSN is crashing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Lee,

The issue you're experiencing could be due to unauthorized add-ons causing the page not to respond. We'd like to know the following:

• Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue happening to all websites aside from MSN.com?

In the meantime, I suggest that you start Internet Explorer with no Add-ons. Please follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R. A Run dialog box will open.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff

If you're able to browse websites without any issues, then add-ons may be cause the error. You can refer to this link on how to turn off/remove add-ons on Internet Explorer:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

Please update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own

Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own

1. Internet Explorer 11 opening at start up many windows on its own - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer opening

2. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  3. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  4. Windows scrolls up on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows scrolls up on its own: Hi, guys, I wonder if you can help me out here, it's an annoying bug that's been chewing at me ever since I moved from 7 to 10. Whenever I'm in a folder filled with documents, be it images, videos, word files, etc, windows has the annoying habit of randomly scrolling to the...
  5. Why was internet explorer running on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was internet explorer running on its own?: So my laptop was heating up, and its fans produced a lot of sound, I cheked the task manager, and I saw that Interner Explorer was yaking up 30% of my CPU, on top of that, I havent launched Internet Explorer at the first place. Does anyone know the reason behind this?...
  6. Internet explorer keeps restarting on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet explorer keeps restarting on its own: My internet explorer keeps restarting after I shut it down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-keeps-restarting-on-its-own/75760582-1679-4713-b68f-e21348b2359a"
  7. Things opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...
  8. Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open: IE 11 will not open. I’m on Windows 10 and have been trouble free since upgrading from Windows 7 some months ago. I had been using IE 11 without any problems and then had about an hour and a half break. I returned to the PC to find that the programme (IE11)would not open...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760
  10. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer 11 starting up on its own