Windows 10: Internet Explorer is much too slow.

Discus and support Internet Explorer is much too slow. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was, and I'd uninstalled it. Did a refresh my PC and it works. Reading this now, having not yet reinstalled Rapport. Could be able to verify it as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mminos, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Internet Explorer is much too slow.

I have been experiencing similar problems referred to in this topic since my bank recommended I install Rapport on my home PCs (two desktops and two laptops) when using their online banking facility. I am running the latest versions of W10 Pro -64bit. All PCs now run much faster since I removed Rapport and IE11 no longer slows down or stops working.
    I referred this issue to my Bank but they are not aware of any problems and are unable to confirm whether IBM & Microsoft are working together to find a solution. Furthermore, as Rapport is not the Bank's software, they have suggested that I refer the matter direct to Trusteer Rapport's support desk to resolve my issue.
    Can anyone provide a link that refers to the post (referred to above) on the IBM Trusteer website that confirms they are working with Microsoft to arrive at a solution?
    Many thanks

The Brigadier, May 24, 2016
  2. eemd Win User

NEW INFO:
    You don't need to uninstall Rapport completely. Do the following:
    1. Open Rapport Dashboard
    2. Go to 2nd page
    3. In Security Policy section, click "Edit Policy"
    4. Enter the User Approval code (not case sensitive)
    5. Click OK
    6. In the Security Policy edit screen, the 2nd entry down, "Validate Website SSL Certificates," change drop-down option to "Never"
    7. Click "Save" at lower left
    8. Start IE 11 as usual.

It is no longer slow for me.

This preserves Rapport (except for the SSL Certificates check) and is easier to undo than uninstall/reinstall, if it doesn't work for you. I would still get the fixed version of Rapport (when available), because the Certificate check is important.

Good luck!

3. Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Explorer is much too slow.

1. Internet Explorer is much too slow. - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer much

2. Windows 11 uses too much upload and is slowing down internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 uses too much upload and is slowing down internet: In windows 11, I measured my idle network consumption and it measures at about 100 kb/second all the time, even when i’m not using the internet. This is a very fast speed for me, as I use verizon DSL internet which is very slow. I do not know the cause of this over-usage, but...
  3. Windows 11 uses too much upload and is slowing down internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 uses too much upload and is slowing down internet: In windows 11, I measured my idle network consumption and it measures at about 100 kb/second all the time, even when i’m not using the internet. This is a very fast speed for me, as I use verizon DSL internet which is very slow. I do not know the cause of this over-usage, but...
  4. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  5. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  6. File Explorer explores too much!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer explores too much!: How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named files, but also a lot of other jpg files with images of chequered floors. If I search for "castle" it finds all sorts of...
  7. Internet Explorer is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148369
  8. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  9. Internet is too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet is too slow: The download speed is about 7 Mb / sand upload speed is about 0.85 Mb / s. I use ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. Is it possible to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-too-slow/9fedc47c-6628-4be3-9df3-a869419f68df
  10. File Explorer search returning too much

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search returning too much: I have figured out that when File Explorer searches, it includes the filepath as well as file name and contents. I see this as a problem, since I rarely, if ever, search based on the filepath. Please tell me there's a way to turn this off. I also see an option for whether...