Windows 10: Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator

Discus and support Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey, so I had this issue with multiple users across my enterprise. I've tried many fixes online but none of them seemed to work. It always led me back... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TechGuru, Aug 22, 2017.

1. TechGuru Win User

Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator

Hey, so I had this issue with multiple users across my enterprise. I've tried many fixes online but none of them seemed to work. It always led me back to having to open Internet Explorer as administrator...

I've found a fix. This is Windows 10 64-bit.

The reason you need to run IE as administrator is NOT because IE is requiring administrator permissions, but because it is running IE as a different user altogether. If you logged in as a different user, IE would open just fine.

How to fix?
    Delete the user's profile.

WARNING: Backup user files and verify special programs etc BEFORE performing these steps.
    Follow these steps to delete the user's profile:

Right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings. On the Advanced tab, choose the Settings-button under User Profiles. Delete the profile you want deleted.

Once it's deleted, have them sign back in. Voila! Working Internet Explorer.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

:)

TechGuru, Aug 22, 2017

2. Internet Explorer only runs as administrator in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer to "Internet Explorer won't open, or crashes immediately after opening" in the link below and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 22, 2017
  3. TH_590 Win User
    Internet Explorer only runs as administrator in Windows 10

My IE 11 only runs if I open it as Administrator. I'm trying to run it normally and it will never completely open.

I just get a message "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" with red bar moving across. Then it stops and final window shows with the message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the
    program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have gone into Internet Options>Advanced and Reset Internet Explorer Settings and rebooted a couple of times. I opened command prompt and ran
    sfc /scannow and no errors were found.

I am using Edge primarily but occasionally need or want to use Internet Explorer.

So, how do I get IE11 to run normally?

TH_590, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator

1. Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer opens

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Chrome will only open as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome will only open as Administrator: I have 3 users so far that are unable to open Chrome. There is no error or pop up it thinks for a second then does nothing. It will open only when I right click on it and run it under my admin account . I have deleted the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome folder Reinstalled...
  6. Chrome will only open as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome will only open as Administrator: I have 3 users so far that are unable to open Chrome. There is no error or pop up it thinks for a second then does nothing. It will open only when I right click on it and run it under my admin account . I have deleted the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome folder Reinstalled...
  7. Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup.exe was opening with internet explorer: I wanted to install an app but when i first downloaded it , it asked which app to use i accidentally clicked internet explorer now i cant use the setup.exe file because it always opens in internet explorer....
  8. WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser: Hi Making website, cross-browser... ... when I click a link like <a href="file.mp4" >CLICK</a> , with IE11, Windows Média Player init playing the video as usual (standalone). [ATTACH] But browsers Firefox or Chrome does not open WMP. They play with their own media...
  9. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  10. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer 11 windows 2012 only opens with run as administrator

2. windows explorer opening only with admin profile

3. internet explorer 11 only opens in admin

4. ie 11 will only open as admin,
  5. internet explorer 11 will open only as administrator,
  6. ie11 will only open as administrator