Windows 10: Internet Explorer takes over from mozilla Firefox Quantum unrequested.

Discus and support Internet Explorer takes over from mozilla Firefox Quantum unrequested. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; *Smile Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has had the problem where, Internet Explorer interrupts Firefox to display information or searching paths... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mothie, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

Internet Explorer takes over from mozilla Firefox Quantum unrequested.

*Smile Hi all.
    I was wondering if anyone has had the problem where, Internet Explorer interrupts Firefox to display information or searching paths when Firefox is set as the default browser in Microsoft Windows 10 settings.

I use Kapersky Internet Security, wherein there is a device called Safe Money which allows me to use an artificial keyboard to enter private information to defeat key loggers etc.

Firefox starts up fine and opens as normal, then starts to open a protected version in order to enter personal details. However, at this point, Internet Explorer cuts in and takes over operations, by- passing Firefox, even though Firefox is the Default browser.

Any advice welcome.

M*Thumbsany thanks.

:)

Mothie, Feb 1, 2018
  2. Jimmerm Win User

No side bars in tax software program worksheet

How do I use a different browser such as Mozilla firefox or google chrome with this application? It seems like internet explorer takes over and uses this browser only. I need to try it with either Mozilla firefox or google chrome but don't know how to
    use either one of these browsers. I have both browsers on my computer desktop.

Jimmerm, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10

I realize and have read Windows 10 will be available until July 2016, although I did try to download, and it said I should run malicious

removal tool. I was using Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer kept saying it is a treat, to discontinue Mozilla Firefox. Just wondering

if all this is a virus. The download never completed, when error says to run malicious removal. Today I tried again and it bumped

me off with problems from Internet Explorer blocking. I have stopped using Internet Explorer, and using Mozilla Firefox only, could

that be a problem.?

Mary Sillanpaa-Gillotte_894, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Mothie Win User
    *Thumbs Many thanks for your reply, however, settings mentioned i already have in place and problem still exists.
    In kapersky, as you will know, there is no where to specify a specific browser, apart from Internet Explorer.
    Settings in W10 set to Firefox as the default but IE takes over.*Wink

Mothie, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    Then check file associations in control panel.

Internet Explorer takes over from mozilla Firefox Quantum unrequested. [​IMG]

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  8. Mothie Win User

*Smile I confirm that setting.

HTM =HTML current settings.

Mothie, Feb 1, 2018
  9. Callender Win User
    What about xhtml?

And you chose the default browser option in KSM? Then sorry but I have no idea why IE should launch.

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  10. Mothie Win User
    *Kill Neither do I.
    Nevertheless, many thanks for your help.

Mothie, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Mothie Win User
    *Kill Neither do I.
    Nevertheless, many thanks for your help.*Doh

Mothie, Feb 1, 2018
  12. Callender Win User
    Okay after some more thought:

Note
    Edit: Forget this bit. It resulted in needing to reset file associations and protocols on my machine.
    Try running
    firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser

From the Run dialog box [Winkey+R]

Also which version of Firefox are you running? (32bit or 6bit) and version number?

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Callender Win User

If you have Ccleaner installed try disabling any Kaspersky IE plugins and enabling any firefox ones but make a note of current settings first.

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  14. Mothie Win User
    *DohRunning Firefox Quantum 58.1 64 bit (Not for much longer as it is a pain in rear end for add-ons).

Mothie, Feb 2, 2018
  15. Callender Win User
    Callender, Feb 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer takes over from mozilla Firefox Quantum unrequested. - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer takes

2. uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10: When I got to Programs and Features to uninstall Mozilla FireFox I get Reresh FireFox. I don't want to refresh, just want it removed. I tried in the app section and got the same. Downloaded trouble shooter and did not fix anything. How can I remove FireFox from my...
  3. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  4. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  5. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  6. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  7. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  8. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  9. Is Microsoft Internet Explorer more secure than Mozilla Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Microsoft Internet Explorer more secure than Mozilla Firefox?: Recently I helped my brother procure a new laptop which he uses for work (as a physician) and personal stuff. To help him with some miscellaneous configuration tasks relating to his personal use, I installed Firefox; not really for him to use — he's already familiar with IE —...
  10. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...