Windows 10: Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10

Discus and support Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This thing: [img] (in Portuguese-Portugal) It's showing 3 Internets Explorers instead of the other 3 browsers that I most use. My OS is Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Benur, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Benur Win User

Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10

This thing:

Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    (in Portuguese-Portugal)
    It's showing 3 Internets Explorers instead of the other 3 browsers that I most use. My OS is Windows 10 and I usually use Google Chrome to browse in the web. Sometimes I also use Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, but when I clicked on "Help" in the Windows Shop app settings, this thing appeared! Can someone explain me why Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are not in this list and the old, outdated, ugly and slow browser is appearing here 3 times??
    Thanks!

:)

Benur, Mar 29, 2016

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Mar 29, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Benur Win User

Also: I choose the first Internet Explorer and Google Chrome oppened with the page! I think it's a bug in Windows 10 that needs a fix..

Benur, Mar 29, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    It's not a Windows bug per se, but seems sthg is confused on your system if you have shortcuts/icons that look like IE representing Chrome.

Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10 [​IMG]

And in particular, to get that message you are probably clicking on a file type that is not associated - which is why my screenshot hasn't exactly the same format (the query at the top)

Which file type was it?

dalchina, Apr 5, 2016
  6. Benur Win User
    It was a link to support in Windows Store.

Benur, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer too "visible" in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer too

2. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  3. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  4. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too: HI allFinally had to switch over to Windows 10 from 7 Pro and one thing that is driving me BONKERS is the bloated view in Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, etc.There are way too many locations displayed, most of which are really duplicates with different icons, names, etc....
  6. Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10: Dears,hope you are doing well ,we upgrade our PCs from win 7 to 10 on our domain environment , and we can only view max 8 PCs on network copmuters explorer ,we also applied all the below steps at all pcs :Upgrade Windows 10 to the latest versionTURN ON THE NETWORK...
  7. Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all Network Computers Are Visible in Explorer in Windows 10: Dears,hope you are doing well ,we upgrade our PCs from win 7 to 10 on our domain environment , and we can only view max 8 PCs on network copmuters explorer ,we also applied all the below steps at all pcs :Upgrade Windows 10 to the latest versionTURN ON THE NETWORK...
  8. Internet Explorer for windows 10

Internet Explorer for windows 10: Since upgrade suddenly lost internet explorer and now can not reload it. some of my applications needs ie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-for-windows-10/1d5ff8fe-08f4-41ba-80ac-d2521d87cba6
  9. Internet Explorer and Windows 10

Internet Explorer and Windows 10: What version of Internet Explorer should I have on my PC before installing Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-and-windows-10/03fb287c-da9f-49c2-9327-85a8b4b64205
  10. Internet Explorer is much too slow.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is much too slow.: Hi ! On my destop, Internet Explorer takes far too much time to open and I don't see why. The problem arised recently but I cannot remind of any event which could explain the situation. I know I can use Edge, which is a good browser, but I still like some I.E. features. I...