Windows 10: internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

Discus and support internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi just installed windows 10 onto my acer p3 tablet/lap top . with it comes microsoft edge (which i'm not overly impressed with) , internet... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by misterc, Aug 9, 2015.

1. misterc Win User

internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

hi

just installed windows 10 onto my acer p3 tablet/lap top .
    with it comes microsoft edge (which i'm not overly impressed with) , internet explorer which i still need/use for some applications mainly sky go for tv programs etc seems to have disappeared with even the icon vanishing from the tray at the foot of the screen.
    I understand that you cannot simply uninstall edge because it plays an integral part of how the os works but my question is how can i disable it or at least can I revert back to internet explorer in some way. I did try to see if I could make ie my default browser but it was not on the list of programs when I looked and you can't seem to just install it as you get informed that you have the latest version already...........hellllp
    I just want my old ie back -- any help ,suggestions would be appreciated
    Richard

:)

misterc, Aug 9, 2015

2. Internet Explorer

Regret to let you know that Explorer is not function anymore at all. As soon as I open Internet Explorer a pop-up appears saying that Explorer is not functioning anymore and that I have to close down Explorer. The task bar was vanished ever since Windows
    10 was installed.

What else can you advise me?

Regards,

Theo Huisman, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer Vanished with a Windows Update

> Internet Explorer Vanished

> Yesterday Windows 10 did a huge update and today Internet Explorer won't open.

- - - -

You have two questions here. Did Internet Explorer and all IE shortcuts vanish or does IE not open when you click on a program shortcut?

Is iexplore(.exe) present in the Program Files folder?

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 9, 2015
  4. internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

checked under all apps and then windows accessories, that's where it should be hiding

alternatively
    right click start button and select Programs and Features
    when this opens, select Turn Windows features on or off
    this is where you would install IE from
    if its ticked try removing the tick, restart, then going back in and ticking it again

paulsalter, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

1. internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed? - Similar Threads - internet explorer vanished

2. Internet data vanishes immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet data vanishes immediately: HaiAirtel mobile data 2gb when connected to windows11 laptop Internet data vanishes within 30 minutes. For past one year I disabled windows update . Any solution...
  3. Internet data vanishes immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet data vanishes immediately: HaiAirtel mobile data 2gb when connected to windows11 laptop Internet data vanishes within 30 minutes. For past one year I disabled windows update . Any solution...
  4. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  5. Vanishing File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing File Explorer Windows: I had a new PC built (I usually do it myself but there are no graphics cards to be had) and in the midst of fighting through the usual problems and errors I came across a strange one in that whilst doing some stuff in File Explorer, all my File Explorer windows disappeared....
  6. Internet Explorer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer and Windows 10: What version of Internet Explorer should I have on my PC before installing Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-and-windows-10/03fb287c-da9f-49c2-9327-85a8b4b64205
  7. Install Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install Internet Explorer: Install Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-internet-explorer/62308c0f-27c2-449d-b0a7-8ed8fff4f54c
  8. Internet Explorer not showing since update to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer not showing since update to Win 10: Hi all, I have just downloaded the update fromWin 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro on a home built desktop computer. I hadInternet Explorer on the computer (IE11) I think it was! The Edge browserwill not work at " Ancestry.co.uk " it says to use another browser. InternetExplorer...
  9. Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speeds since installing SSD and fresh Windows 10 install: A few weeks ago I installed a SSD into my desktop and installed Windows 10 on it. I never checked my speeds at the time so I'm not sure exactly when my download speeds started to be terrible, but I assume it was then. Other computers on the network get the proper download...
  10. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 is still included in Windows 10 along with Microsoft Edge. You cannot uninstall Internet Explorer since Internet Explorer is a Windows...