Windows 10: Internet Icon Will Not Open

Discus and support Internet Icon Will Not Open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi- I am a total novice when it comes to computers, so I apologize for the less than technical language used for this question. When went to use my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Heartofyoga, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Internet Icon Will Not Open

Hi- I am a total novice when it comes to computers, so I apologize for the less than technical language used for this question. When went to use my laptop this morning, I was not able to open one of my internet browsers. Chrome worked fine, but Firefox did not. I clicked on it, like normal, and it showed up in my tool bar. Unfortunately, it did not fully open on my screen. When I hover the mouse over the Firefox icon on the toolbar, I can see it, but I couldn't get it to maximize on my screen. It is stuck in my tool bar. How can I get it to maximize? I appreciate any help you are able to give. Thanks!

:)

Heartofyoga, Apr 7, 2016

2. Notification Icon will not open

My notification icon will not work. If I right click on it I see 'Open Action Center' and 'Turn on Quiet Hours'.

My Windows 10 Updates are current. It was working simply by me clicking it.

How do I fix it?

RosalieMayes, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Divya Murugan, Apr 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Internet Icon Will Not Open

Hi, try starting Firefox in its Safe Mode (no add-ons)

• Press Windows key + R,
    • Enter "firefox -safe-mode" in the Run box.
    • Select Continue in Safe Mode.

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling Firefox. (Download, install).

Else uninstall, reinstall.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

Internet Icon Will Not Open

1. Internet Icon Will Not Open - Similar Threads - Internet Icon Open

2. Internet icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet icon not showing.: When I start my computer, it's working normally but after some hours or sometimes minutes. I see I don't have internet then I check my taskbar there it's showing I didn't connect to my internet. Then I click on the internet logo there I can't even find the internet setting,...
  3. Internet icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet icon not showing.: When I start my computer, it's working normally but after some hours or sometimes minutes. I see I don't have internet then I check my taskbar there it's showing I didn't connect to my internet. Then I click on the internet logo there I can't even find the internet setting,...
  4. No internet and no icon in taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet and no icon in taskbar.: I did something to my pc windows 10, self inflicted. I lost my sound, bluetooth and I have no internet. There is no icon in the taskbar and no connection can be made to wifi. Internet is working as tablet and tv is ok. "Network connections folder is empty" I must of deleted...
  5. No internet, no wifi Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, no wifi Icon: Hi, tried to install a windows update. Now i dont have any wifi, and no icon. Ive tried turning icons on, forcing a connection, and many of the other fixes that the internet provides. None have worked. When i do try to turn icons on for network its just grayed out and i cant...
  6. Internet icon showing no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet icon showing no internet: [ATTACH] Guys Since these windows updates that come out every week I've been getting so many bugs one of them is this stupid bug where the connection is working just fine, "I can watch youtube videos, download movies, play online games.. everything" but the internet icon...
  7. No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.

No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.: When i started my pc up, i had no sound detection at all i fixed it and i had no internet and internet icon. And after a while Antimalware Service Executable uses insane usage of CPU with some other processes. Please help i can’t launch any anti virus because i don’t have any...
  8. Internet Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Icon in Taskbar: Hey all, I'm having this issue on Windows 10 where I'm online typing this message but the icon and icon text says that I'm connected to a network but have no internet access. Clearly it's not a huge deal but it would be helpful if someone could explain this to me or tell me...
  9. Internet Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer Icon: I use Microsoft Edge, but for some reason the internet explorer icon has popped up on my task bar. I have tried deleting it, but it won't go away! How do I get rid of internet explorer?...
  10. No internet icon

No internet icon: Help! Theres no Wi-Fi on my pc, I have an internet adapter and everything but no internet icon at the bottom meaning i can't connect to the wifi at all. I go onto the notifocations tab and go to network but it tells me to go into settings but there isnt anything in settings...