Windows 10: Internet is connected but some programs denied

Discus and support Internet is connected but some programs denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). The McAfee program also cannot run after download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gohxianhui, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Internet is connected but some programs denied

Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again).
    The McAfee program also cannot run after download as there is an internet connection problem.
    I also have same problem with garena plus.
    Besides, I am unable to download torrent file via utorrent, can be said utorrent I s not responding.

However, I still can go online through browser and download apps from store.

I had turned off the windows defender n firewall but it doesn't work.
    Anyone knows the problem and has solutions?
    please help.

:)

gohxianhui, Aug 19, 2015

2. Internet is Connected but no internet access (Wifi, Ethernet, Hotspot not working)

Also, How can I prevent windows from updating to 1709??

and how will I know if it's safe to upgrade?

THANKYOU SO MUCH

EcaRednael, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Internet is Connected but no internet access (Wifi, Ethernet, Hotspot not working)

Internet is connected but some programs denied [​IMG]

This is the photos of the version and model of my windows

I didnt upgrade my windows from 7 or 8

I got my laptop having Windows home 10

EcaRednael, Aug 19, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Internet is connected but some programs denied

Hi, You may want to try the following:

Check all hardware drivers are updated to Win10 if available
    Check if there is a newer Win10 release of Mcafee and install if necessary
    Uninstall Steam
    Download latest version of steam and install

WhyMe, Aug 19, 2015
  5. sqenix Win User
    Having the same problem. Basically other than the use of their own browser (microsoft edge) any other programs requiring internet access wouldn't work, including google chrome. Waiting for someone to help with this situation, meanwhile rolling back to continue using windows 8.1 since there's no problem with the internet .

sqenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet is connected but some programs denied

1. Internet is connected but some programs denied - Similar Threads - Internet connected programs

2. Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...: So this started a few days ago when I opened up Google Chrome and realised none of the tabs were connecting to the internet, while Firefox was and still is working just fine. I've looked through many answers given for similar issues on many different sites and I'm starting to...
  3. Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...: So this started a few days ago when I opened up Google Chrome and realised none of the tabs were connecting to the internet, while Firefox was and still is working just fine. I've looked through many answers given for similar issues on many different sites and I'm starting to...
  4. Some programs can't connect to internet, troubleshooter errors, can't download program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  6. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  7. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Program Will Not Connect to Internet

Program Will Not Connect to Internet: Hello,I have been newly installing some new collecting programs on my computer. I had no problem with the movie and video game collector but when I try to connect to the internet on the movie program, It tells me that it cannot connect to the internt. I have made sure that it...
  9. Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs: Good day, I'm stumped, and very frustrated, with this. Hoping this goes into the correct topic stream as I don't really know under what to search. When I open browsers Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, after a while the internet connection for some programs is disabled:...
  10. Some programs cant connect to internet connection

Some programs cant connect to internet connection: Miscosoft store, epic games launcher, valorant and dead by daylight cant connect to internet. In microsoft store everything is loading slower than before but when I try to buy or download something it says connection problem, error 0x800704cf . In valorant it was error 21 and...