Windows 10: internet is on bu most of sites are not working

Discus and support internet is on bu most of sites are not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is really weird. Occasionally, I get timeout from most of the sites. Doesn't matter if they are local (in my country) or not. A good example from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dbarnea, Sep 2, 2018.

1. dbarnea Win User

internet is on bu most of sites are not working

This is really weird. Occasionally, I get timeout from most of the sites. Doesn't matter if they are local (in my country) or not.

A good example from today. You tube works, gamespot doesn't, local news doesn't. Very weird.

I have disabled and re-enabled the adaptor, did an ipconfig / renew, did a tracert to the problematic sites and it seems to work fine. I truely have no explanation and I do have an idea about computers. Never happened before.

Only reboot helps.

I have even verified that there is no power saving mode that turns my adaptor off or any thing alike.

any idea someone ?

:)

dbarnea, Sep 2, 2018

2. After Windows 10 Upgrade, flash sites cause Internet Explorer to "not respond" (freeze)

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing the websites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the website for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 2, 2018
  3. WIN 10 Edge & Internet Sites Visits

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you to try to load the same in other browsers excluding Edge and internet Explorer?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Have you installed any third party security application?
    Lets try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves.

Step 1: I suggest you reset the Internet explorer
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: I suggest you to try deleting the browsing history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps as it stores the forms, passwords, and sites you've visited.

Refer: View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 2, 2018
  4. SurfinNan Win User

Internet Explorer 11 stops working for one web site only

This is an isolated problem. It only affects one web site. I have asked other uses and they do not have the problem. I do not have the problem on iPad only on my desktop.

The problem: When I access the Tasmanian Archives web site Internet Explorer11 intermittently and persistently stops working despite deleting history in Internet Options.

• I accessed a link from a trusted email from Tasmanian Archives.
    • Since then the problem has persistently occurred. They have no answers to it at all.
    • Deleted history and cookies in Internet options. Did not tick the top box about favourites and did not delete passwords. The problem persisted.
    • Did step 3 and restarted computer. Didn't alter the problem.
    • Deleted everything through Internet options. Problem persisted.
    • Did step 3 and restarted computer.
    • Thought problem solved used website a few times then IE stopped working again.
    • Have been through step 6 numerous times and it will work for awhile then not. But it only stops working when I use:
    search.archives.tas.gov.au

www.linc.tas.gov.au

and not for all links within site. No rhyme or reason to which link I click on what will happen. It started with the HOW TO tab.

I am exasperated, frustrated, annoyed and a few other things. It has been going on for over a week now.

I do not know what else I can do.

Any suggestions, please.

SurfinNan, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. internet is on bu most of sites are not working - Similar Threads - internet sites are

2. Internet sites not reachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet sites not reachable: Why am I getting this message for valid sites - Hmmm… can't reach this page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-sites-not-reachable/d4f1f94e-874f-4cbe-b609-35359c51b46c
  3. Internet sites not reachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet sites not reachable: Why am I getting this message for valid sites - Hmmm… can't reach this page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-sites-not-reachable/d4f1f94e-874f-4cbe-b609-35359c51b46c
  4. Internet sites not reachable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. This is Bu****it

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is Bu****it: Update after update Microsoft have just been destroying windows when everything was just fine when it started. First of all, anything that has to do with anything with Xbox games, chat, parties, etc use to work flawlessly. Then they decided to start messing with it and...
  6. Restored from BU

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restored from BU: I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk Director. Then I booted using a rescue flash drive created with Macrium Reflect. I then restored my system from the backup. I...
  7. Corrupt most recent image on Microsoft site

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt most recent image on Microsoft site: I recently downloaded the windows creation tool and created a usb flash drive and did a clean install of windows 10, however since then everytime i do a sfc /scannow that image i downloaded via the tool has errors that sfc cannot fix, i did a Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. iNTERNET SITES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iNTERNET SITES: Websites I used to visit regularly show an error code (cant provide secure connection) since the last windows 10 update. How can I remedy this? Judy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-sites/50fae368-66f6-41ea-8f41-e9bc324e0c84
  9. Internet explorer frequent sites

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer frequent sites: I noticed that on internet explorer if I right click its pinned icon on the taskbar or in start menu it produces a jump list. This gives pinned sites, tasks and frequent sites. What baffled me is the listed sites under frequent, they never seem to change. I visited for...
  10. Internet site in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet site in Start: How to pin internet site to Start? 12188