Windows 10: Internet is very slow on desktop PC

Discus and support Internet is very slow on desktop PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs, a desktop and a laptop... Ever since I got the desktop in Feb 2015, i've been noticing internet speed issues, but always too lazy to deal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maltesespace, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Internet is very slow on desktop PC

I have 2 PCs, a desktop and a laptop... Ever since I got the desktop in Feb 2015, i've been noticing internet speed issues, but always too lazy to deal with it. Finally i'm tired of it now lol. So the actual physical internet connection isn't the issue, I get anywhere between 50-200Mbps over wifi on both, and the key thing is once I am connected to a website things work fine, and things like downloads work fine once i connect to the download server. but on the desktop it just takes very very long to open up a webpage. I've noticed this across multiple OSes, from Win7 to 8.1 and 10, and i've noticed it while connected via ethernet to a wireless bridge, and while using a usb wifi adaptor. And to keep my sanity I connected the laptop to the ethernet-wifi bridge (using a usb3 to GigE adaptor, lol) and it still opened lightning quick compared to the desktop, so the dlink wifi-ethernet bridge isn't the problem. I put a video of the desktop and laptop side by side opening the same webpages to show the issue: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The desktop has the following specs:
    Intel i5-4690K
    24GB RAM
    120GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    1TB WD Blue HDD
    500GB WD Black HDD
    Gigabit Ethernet connected to DLINK DAP-1650 Wireless ethernet bridge which runs over WiFi AC 867Mbps to my main router.
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    Gigabyte Z97-DS3H mobo
    750W CORSAIR psu.
    Windows 8.1 Pro (but have noticed the issue on Win7 ultimate and Win10 Pro)
    The laptop is an Early 2015 Dell Inspiron 7548 series with
    i7-5500U
    16GB RAM
    250GB 850 Evo SSD
    Intel 7265 AC wifi
    Windows 10 Pro
    Both computers are running the latest Chrome x64 edition. Oh, and the problem occurs with Firefox too. I tried switching to it for a few weeks to see if it would make a difference but it did not.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

Oh, and my connection is 250Mbps so I don't think thats an issue either *Wink

:)

Maltesespace, Jan 28, 2016

2. Internet Explorer is very slow, especially on Google searches

Have you tried using a different browser to check if you're still experiencing the same issue?

Gerardo Aqu, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer is very slow, especially on Google searches

Hi,

To better assist you, we'd like to know the following information:

• Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on your browsers?
    • Did you make any recent changes on your computer (e.g Updating or adding extensions)?

We're looking forward to your response.

Gerardo Aqu, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Internet is very slow on desktop PC

1. Internet is very slow on desktop PC - Similar Threads - Internet very slow

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow: Hi all,My desktop uses Ethernet cable for internet as it has no wifi card. As of a month ago, the internet seemingly connected instantly when I would start up my computer allowing for the few startup programs I do run to open and run fine. However, the last month or so it has...
  6. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  7. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  8. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  9. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  10. Internet running very slow

Internet running very slow: Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet explorer which was also slow which leads me to think the problem is to with windows rather than a browser. My ps3 seems to run...