Windows 10: Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup

Discus and support Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m experiencing a rather perplexing issue with my internet connection and would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions. Here’s the problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by swageout, May 21, 2024.

1. swageout Win User

Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup

I’m experiencing a rather perplexing issue with my internet connection and would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions. Here’s the problem: every time I start my computer, my internet speed is excellent for the first few minutes On the regular, I average 400mbps. However, shortly thereafter, it dramatically slows down and becomes almost unusable sometimes 100mbps, and sometimes all the way down to 20mbps. All the devices connected to my network work fine though, it is only my computer with this issue.Here’s what I’ve tried so far:Restarting Router/Modem: I’ve done this multiple ti

:)

swageout, May 21, 2024

2. Progressively Slower Internet

For months I have been trying to understand why my internet connection becomes progressively slower as I use my Dell XPS8700 PC. I seem to have read every "solution" on the internet, and tried most of them, but nothing makes any long-term difference. My
    one solid clue is that a restart "cures" the problem (ie normal internet speeds return) but then the same progressive slowing starts all over again. A normal shut down and startup of the PC does not "cure" the problem in the same (temporary) way.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Traveller43516, May 21, 2024
  3. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 21, 2024
  4. Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup

Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup

1. Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup - Similar Threads - Internet Issue internet

2. Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Issue: My internet gets slower a few minutes after startup: I’m experiencing a rather perplexing issue with my internet connection and would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions. Here’s the problem: every time I start my computer, my internet speed is excellent for the first few minutes On the regular, I average 400mbps....
  3. Losing internet connection a few seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing internet connection a few seconds after startup: Hi,I've been experiencing a very weird issue for the past 24 hours: Whenever I turn my PC on, both WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously get into a "No internet" state after a few seconds.Here's what I've tried so far: Rebooting multiple timesChanging Ethernet cables and ports on...
  4. Losing internet connection a few seconds after startup

Losing internet connection a few seconds after startup: Hi,I've been experiencing a very weird issue for the past 24 hours: Whenever I turn my PC on, both WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously get into a "No internet" state after a few seconds.Here's what I've tried so far: Rebooting multiple timesChanging Ethernet cables and ports on...
  5. Losing internet connection a few seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.: Internet stops working about 3 minutes after startup or reconnection. The network icon on the taskbar is showing "Network Internet Connection" but there is none; browsers, cmd ping, troubleshoot, etc. This applies to Ethernet and phone tethering saved as ethernet.There is no...
  7. Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.

Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.: Internet stops working about 3 minutes after startup or reconnection. The network icon on the taskbar is showing "Network Internet Connection" but there is none; browsers, cmd ping, troubleshoot, etc. This applies to Ethernet and phone tethering saved as ethernet.There is no...
  8. Windows 10 1909 Update disconnects me to the internet for a few minutes after startup. Such...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 Update disconnects me to the internet for a few minutes after startup. Such...: submitted by /u/cadagricomiguel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/equpmb/windows_10_1909_update_disconnects_me_to_the/
  9. Internet randomly goes away after few minutes - Windows 10 Issue

Internet randomly goes away after few minutes - Windows 10 Issue: Hi there, I am having this problem for a long time and my windows drivers are the latest version. Also, Windows 10 Pro 64bit updated to the latest version too. I had this problem since I upgraded to Windows 10, in Windows 7 I had no issues like this. No operating system...
  10. Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes

Unable to stay connected to the internet after few minutes: I use my mobile's usb tethering option to connect my laptop to internet. Recently, for the ast 3 days, i'm noticing that the internet gets disconnected after a few minutes and any new instance of using the internet is unable to do so. If i'm already using internet somewhere,...