Windows 10: Internet keeps disconnecting

Discus and support Internet keeps disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a reset to windows 8 few weeks ago and since than i had an issue that my internet keeps getting disconnected randomly everytime and all the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thenewguy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. thenewguy Win User

Internet keeps disconnecting

I did a reset to windows 8 few weeks ago and since than i had an issue that my internet keeps getting disconnected randomly everytime and all the rest of the computers i had were fine than my brother did a reset to his computer and he started having that issue aswell , i updated to windows 10 hoping it will get fixed by the update by the issue is still happening and my internet keeps going off and on
    how do i fix this issue ?

:)

thenewguy, Aug 15, 2015

2. Internet explorer keeps disconnecting

No joy for me.

BobbyLuckan, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Internet explorer keeps disconnecting

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we start with the troubleshooting, check if the connectivity of the internet is working and in good condition without any intermittent disconnections.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode with networking, and check if the issue still persists. This is a diagnostic step towards identifying the cause of the issue.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue does not occur in Safe mode, try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Also, verify that you have disabled/uninstalled any other third party real-time antimalware products that were installed on your PC, to check if any how incoming/outgoing connections to the PC are affected by the firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Method 2

Next, follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Internet connection option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Method 3

Step 1

It's a good idea to delete add-ons if you suspect they're causing performance, compatibility, or security problems. Check if the issue still occur while using Internet Explorer in a no Add-on state.

Ref: Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Step 2

If the above still does not help, try to reset the Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Ref: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings.

Write to us with the updated status of the issue for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Internet keeps disconnecting

1. Internet keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Internet keeps disconnecting

2. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello, my computer internet keeps disconnecting from the WiFi. I have to restart the computer to fix this issue. Day by day it's getting worse. I wonder anyone please help me out? I have a Hp laptop, Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2023OS build...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello, my computer internet keeps disconnecting from the WiFi. I have to restart the computer to fix this issue. Day by day it's getting worse. I wonder anyone please help me out? I have a Hp laptop, Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2023OS build...
  4. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet keeps on disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps on disconnecting: In my house I have internet and use my computer but when I connect to it, it works but keeps on disconnecting in 1 minute later. I tried troubleshooting but it says nothing is wrong. After when I am on a mobile device the internet works fine with 4 bars when my computer has 2...
  6. Internet keeps on disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet keeps on disconnecting: In my house I have internet and use my computer but when I connect to it, it works but keeps on disconnecting in 1 minute later. I tried troubleshooting but it says nothing is wrong. After when I am on a mobile device the internet works fine with 4 bars when my computer has 2...
  7. Internet keeps on disconnecting

8. Internet keeps disconnecting

Internet keeps disconnecting: The internet just disconnects. Wi-FI is still active, but there is no internet. I tried restarting my computer and the Internet gateway without success. Then I told him to forget about my network and tried to reconnect. It wouldn't even show any available networks and there...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting

Internet keeps disconnecting: Hi! Recently I have been having a problem with my internet wifi disconnecting on my desktop for a few seconds or even minutes randomly. I have made no recent hardware changes. I was running Windows 7 when the issue started about 2-3 weeks back, but upgraded to Windows 10....
  10. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hi, first time ever on this sub so not sure if this is the correct place to mention my problems but will really appreciate any help because my issue is really annoying. Anyways, my internet on my laptop keeps disconnecting for like 2-3 mins every so often (not a specific...