Windows 10: Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

Discus and support Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was having issues with my VPN. Uninstalled both and then did the Windows 10 Network Reset option which supposedly resets all networking to defaults.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Highmaster2, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

Was having issues with my VPN. Uninstalled both and then did the Windows 10 Network Reset option which supposedly resets all networking to defaults.

Prior to the Reset, normal (no VPN) internet access worked just fine. After the Reset, Windows will show that I am connected to the router but that I have no internet access. However, if I do IPCONFIG /all, the wireless adapter doesn't even show up.

Installed the latest driver for the wifi adapter (Intel AC-7260), but the results are the same. Will not connect with ethernet either. I do use Access Control on the router, turning it off did not help. Have "forgotten" and recreated the wireless profile multiple times. Even when Windows shows that I am connected and secured, I cannot access or ping the router.

If I click on the wireless icon in the system tray, it shows I am connected but with no internet. If I look in Network and sharing at the adapters, the adapter shows enabled but not connected. I get no error messages other than "no internet."

Laptop dual boots 10 & 7. If I boot into 7 all adapters and VPNs work just fine so I know it's not hardware. Win 10's network diagnostics can't find the problem. Would really love to solve this without having to reinstall Windows 10 if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

:)

Highmaster2, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Mcduck Win User

Miracast device problem on Windows 10

[[[ go to settings < network and internet < status < then click
    reset networks

then after doing this your pc or laptop will restart and will reset network settings to default came with software of window 10 ,

hope , it will help , no data loss occurs in this process neither window reset , only network and mira-cast settings get reseted
    ]]

This is what worked for me. I could not believe it but it worked!!

Mcduck, Jan 2, 2017
  3. JA_452 Win User
    Stuck in Airplane Mode after Win 10 upgrade

This totally worked for me! Thanks MarcM17.

JA_452, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

BTW... the laptop shows up in the router's attached wireless devices even though I can't ping the router. May have to get Mulder & Scully on this one.

Highmaster2, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Type ipconfig /all from a cmd prompt then tracert 294.119.131.66 post both results

Samuria, Jan 2, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    Have you opened up the properties of the network adapter and checked the TCP/IPv4 settings. Set it to obtain an IP automatically if that does not work I would try setting it to a static IP that's in the same subnet as the rest of your network.

When you do an ipconfig command is your ip look something like 169.254.xxx.xxx . If so then your computer is not getting the dns settings from the router.

The command below will copy ipconfig output to the clipboard, after running the command it will look like nothing happened but it did. Just run it then paste it into the forums.
    Code: ipconfig | clip[/quote]

Curious why ask to tracert an invalid address 294. anything will lead you nowhere. Must be less than 255 to be valid. do you mean 194.119.131.66 which is a valid UK address.

My only guess is that you and all users stay away from google results that point to Code: thewikipost.org[/quote] as Mr. Mackey would say
    . SEO can be used for good but most sites use it for evil.

sml156, Jan 3, 2017
  7. sml156....

"Have you opened up the properties of the network adapter and checked the TCP/IPv4 settings. Set it to obtain an IP automatically if that does not work I would try setting it to a static IP that's in the same subnet as the rest of your network."

TCIP/IPv4 is set to automatic.

"When you do an ipconfig command is your ip look something like 169.254.xxx.xxx . If so then your computer is not getting the dns settings from the router."

My router is providing DHCP & DNS. Multiple other machines are using the router just fine - both wired and wireless - so I have to assume that the router is good. In fact, I'm on it now booted into Win 7 to access the forum.

Highmaster2, Jan 3, 2017
  8. Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

The wireless adapter still shows up in Device Manager, but doesn't in ipconfig or in Network & Sharing. The data below was done with an ethernet cable plugged in and the wireless adapter showing as "working properly."

Samuria...

ipconfig /allWindows

IP Configuration
    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Sardaukar
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

tracert 294.119.131.66
    Unable to resolve target system name 294.119.131.66.

tracert 194.119.131.66
    Tracing route to 194.119.131.66 over a maximum of 30 hops
    1 Transmit error: code 1231.Trace complete.

Highmaster2, Jan 3, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    The trace should start 194 it was a typo on phone

Samuria, Jan 3, 2017
  10. Understood... That's why I retried starting with 194....

Highmaster2, Jan 3, 2017
  11. Due to a lack of patience on my part (been fooling with this thing for 3 solid days...), I bit the bullet, wiped and reinstalled. All the networking including VPN works perfectly now. Would like to have known what the problem actually was, but really needed to get this thing back online.

Thanks to everyone who was trying to help. I'll mark it solved.

Highmaster2, Jan 4, 2017
  12. denny Win User
    go to network connection>> choose your network >>go to properties >> choose internet protocol version 4(tcp/ip4) and set this ip address and DNS
    ip>>>
    DNS>>

denny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option

1. Internet not working after Windows 10 Reset Network option - Similar Threads - Internet working Reset

2. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  3. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  4. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. After network reset can not use internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After network reset can not use internet: win11, after network reset, still able to connect to wifi, but unable to connect to internet, cant open up any website, etc. Tried CMD that sort of stuff, does not work. Please help me....
  6. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...: in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset network adapter setting with no internet access. Do you have fix for this problem if turning dhcp off and set manual ip does not solve the problem?...
  7. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...: in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset network adapter setting with no internet access. Do you have fix for this problem if turning dhcp off and set manual ip does not solve the problem?...
  8. in windows 10 internet does not work but network connection work, a diagnostic reset...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can’t connect to internet after network reset

Can’t connect to internet after network reset: So I like to play a lot of fps games and yesterday I realized my ping was spiking to the hundreds, and I kinda ignored it and just went to sleep and hoped that it would fix itself overnight. This morning it didn’t, and I tried restarting my network and restarted my laptop...
  10. My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My internet and sound stopped working after network reset Windows 10: After i reset my network adapter my internet stopped working and i cant access my internet options and my internet icon is now a lock icon. Ethernet cable doesnt work and my sound program doesnt run. What i think what happened was that since i wasnt connected to the internet...